Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanting to compare how leos grown! hes 17 inches at the shoulder and about 23 lb's.

anyone else with 5 month old pups know the height and weight of their doodles?
just curious about how he measures up because i've heard the labradors in america are slightly bigger than the english ones and less stocky. :|

·
Registered
659 Posts
We took Ozzie to the vet at 4 months and he was 33 pounds. Haven't weighed or measured him since. (We're trying to be PC and not expose him to the stress of competition and quantified measurements.... As long as he "feels good about himself!").

Regarding Labs in the US and A... There are basically 2 types... the stockier variety which typically are seen in dog shows and the taller, lighter variety used in actual hunting field work. I've owned both types and much prefer the hunting dogs.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sadie is five months and around 40 lbs. Not sure of her height. She had the skinny, poodle legs but they're not very long. I'll find out on Thursday her exact height and weight at her vet appt.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
My pups at 5 months were closer to 40 lbs average too. BUT mine are BIG doodles. Their Mom weighs 82 lbs, their dad 64 lbs.

Here are a three of my pups at 5 months of age.

Snuggles... average size from this litter

Kramer...

Moose... The crease in the pant leg is at the knee of his new owner. He's the biggest of the litter.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Absolutely GORGEOUS Tink!

Sandy was 19" and 22lbs at 5 months, but he had a weight gaining problem. He should have been about 5lbs heavier. Now at 13 mo he is about 43lbs and 22"

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone i was just wondering if leo was a bit small-his measurements seem to be matching the minature labradoodle ones i have found. he definately isn't a minature!

anymore measurements would be welcome :wink:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi,
Those are some very handsome doods! Brinkley is closing in at the end of the month on 5 months and he weights in right at 38 lbs. Have not measured him but he is pretty tall - pant leg crease is a good "marker". Brinks paws are very large - so maybe he will fall into the "moose" category :D

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Tink
You know how much I love your dogs
Fantastic pictures .....................

Casey, Leo is just a doll baby.......so cute
Small , Medium or Large they are a breed to be cherished for sure.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Jofi's back is level with my knee (I'm about 5ft7") - not sure of her exact height. She weighs 34.5 lbs and she's 5.5 months. She's a standard Australian labradoodle (the Australian doodles tend to be smaller than the F1s and F1bs in the same size categories). I expect Jofi will end up a small standard - not exceeding the 55 lbs mark.

I imagine Leo will be a medium when he's all grown up but who knows. I've heard that dogs being fed raw food take longer to reach their adult size than dogs fed kibble.

Lovely pics Tink - and Leo looks a real cuty too.

Libby

·
Registered
83 Posts
libby lu will be 5 months on thursday. she just weighed in at 38 lbs this past saturday, but i'm not sure how tall she is. She has very long poodle legs though! she's almost as tall as our full grown golden retrriever. She's gonna be all legs when she grows up!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ha! Just goes to show how tiny little Scout is. She is 4 1/2 months old now and is only a bit more than 7 kilos which in your terms is only about 15 1/2 lbs.

She is tiny, but she was always going to be. Cant tell you her height but she's not tall and vet only thinks she has another 2 inches to grow.

Can't say i'm disappointed about that. I like them a little smaller when they are going to spend some time indoors.

·
Registered
576 Posts
brinkleypaw said:
Hi,
Those are some very handsome doods! Brinkley is closing in at the end of the month on 5 months and he weights in right at 38 lbs. Have not measured him but he is pretty tall - pant leg crease is a good "marker". Brinks paws are very large - so maybe he will fall into the "moose" category :D
Brinkley looks amazinly like my Sadie does now. They could be twins! :lol:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Thanks for the kind comments on my pups. It's hard to see on that photo, but Moose is turning silver! He's got silver between his toes, on his chin, and silver hairs popping out all over his body. I think he's going to be a REAL LOOKER! Of course I may be a bit biased. LOL

·
Registered
103 Posts
Here I was thinking my puppy was so big. She's 16 weeks and weighs 18 1/2 pounds.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts