Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We thinks Sampson has another ear infection. Probably related to his unresolved allergy issues...
Poor guy practically had his whole back foot in his ear last night, rubbing away at the inside. Both are fairly red and irritated-looking inside...
We have to find a spot to squeeze a vet appointment into a very hectic schedule.

Mom said to use some of the leftover antibiotic cream for the time being while she figures things out...
I washed both ears out this morning (The sore one was really nasty...) and put soem of the antibiotic in.

The antibiotic is from about 2 months ago and doesn't expire until 2009...
Is it okay to be using it for now?
We are seeking vet attention ASAP.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
if the antibiotic cream is 2009 exp date.......totally fine

for us in past OTTOMAX cream from VET worked wonders and i have an EXTRA tube here on hand at all times just in case along with ear wash.

keep us posted

G

·
Yes the ear stuff is fine. I would call the vet before you make the appointment. My vet with ongoing issues will just sometimes give me advise over the phone or tell me to come in a pick up some medicine as long as nothing else has changed.

I would also wash Sam's ears out once a week for the next month or so. When My had her infection we put the drops (or cream can't remember which) and then had to clean the ears twice a week for the next month and then once a week after that. She hasn't had anymore infections and I now clean her ears once a month.

G

·
Megan not to disagree but I don't really use anything past the expiration date as it may be less effective then it should be. This is what I learned in school and things may have changed since then (I have a pharmacy degree) but I would rather be safe than sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts