Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I too have been reading here for about 2 months and thought I would finally post :) We have a 4 month old F1b labradoodle named Dexter. He is quite a handful, but we love him so much after only such a short time. I do wonder if he's large for his age...at 18 weeks he weighs 38 lbs. This forum has been so helpful so far so I thought I should become a contributor :)

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So far, I haven't notice any shedding. We're hoping his coat will not change when he gets older because it is so incredibly soft...just like fleece :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome newbie...me too! My breeder said IRS would be between 55-60 pounds and she is 68 so far. I am glad to know that she is not far off from other doodles. Belle is only 52 pounds but she makes up for it in speed! Your baby is really cute. Pictures show up nicely with the lighter colored dogs. Sometimes I try to get pictures of my 2 and when I look at the pictures I see a 2 headed dog. All of their black blends in

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
2doodlegal: my breeder said the same thing OH he won't be more than 55-60lb and not much bigger than his mom hahhahaha

yeah right :)

Max just hit 5mos old this week, is almost 50lbs, and standing 22.5in tall last time I checked

umm seazr think he'll be a 70lb -er? :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
lmtoth2....i just did slideshow your doodle at your photobucket site...and wow!!! your doodle is gorgous.

question: do you trim your doodles beard?

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I haven't trimmed it yet. When he was 12 weeks old we took him to petsmart to get his facial hair trimmed so they may have done it then. I want to take him 1 more time before he turns 5 months old because the deal there for puppies is so good!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I didn't know when I bought IRS that she would go through a "shedding" process between 9 and 14 months old. Boy was she a mess. Her soft fluff becaus the poodle wool and I brushed a lot every day. Luckily for us, we went into a horrible heatwave so I took IRS and Belle and had them shaved. They looked funny to me but they were cooler. Belle was used to being clipped as she was raised with poodles but IRS sulked for days after we clipped her. I put a few pictures in the photo section. I'm not really good at that so I hope they are there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts