Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I know that some of you have itchy doodles (Sammy :) )and I ran across this in a doggie recipe book:

Eczema and Itch Relief

1 rounded T. dried chickweed
1 rounded T. dried yellow dock
1 rounded T dried plantain
1 pt. boiling water

Place herbs in a teapot. Add boiling water and let steep, covered for 20min.
When cool, store in the refrigerator until very cold.

Apply the cold herbal infusion to the irritated skin areas witha saturated cotton ball several times a day, as needed.

I think this might be good as a supplament to the dietary approach.

:)
Sarah

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Sounds good - I also saw an article in this Month's Whole Dog Journal about the benefits of calendula. Among other uses, you can make a rinse out of it to use after bathing your dog - on red or blonde dogs, it has the added benefit of adding highlights to their coat! Only drawback is they don't advise using it on white dogs, because it has a yellowing effect. I bathed Tyke today using Avoderm shampoo and conditioner, and letting her air dry rather than using the hair dryer. That seems to have helped her a great deal so far.....

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
hmmm...interesting. I think there must be some sort of allergins in the air because both of our doodles have been so itchy the past week. Then again it could be Dexter's short haircut - poor thing is so itchy right now!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Barkley is very dry right now and he has a hot spot (probably from being boarded at the vet). Poor guy! I need to see if I can locate those herbs locally. It is worth a shot. And check into the calendula as well.

I am just glad my doodle isn't the only one with this issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts