Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today Nicky and I went on an adventure to find a covered bridge that I knew existed in our county, but had never seen. I thought it would be fun to see the bridge and maybe walk a trail if there was one. We found the bridge, but it was barricaded so that cars couldn't drive across it. We walked across it and back. The bridge crossed a creek, but there was no access to it and the dirt road parallel to the creek was blocked by some recently cut trees.

Just as Nicky and I were about to get back in the car I heard a noise and a man riding a horse appeared! Nicky was so excited! He started whining, as if he wanted to play with this "big dog"! The man and the horse stopped and, while the man and I talked about the bridge, Nicky continued to act like he'd just found a new playmate. We kept our distance from the horse, but the horse was just as calm as could be.

When we started to leave, Nicky just had to get closer to the horse, so I let him. He walked up to the horse and put his nose right up to the horse's lips and sniffed and then he sniffed the horse's front leg! The horse just looked at him and didn't move! I'm really glad the horse was calm!

The horse and rider then clip-clopped across the bridge to go home while Nicky and I went to our car. Thus ended Nicky's first encounter with a horse!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhhh, that's so sweet! :D seems like you both had a really nice walk

Max, Peanut and Beau including Kirby too all grew up around horses as my breeder also breeds sporting horses too. BUT i wonder now since it's been a while if they'd be as nonchalant and calm around them.

Horses are beautiful and intelligent animals. :)

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
how cute - a picture would have been nice :wink:

when we lived in Fla, there was a farm down a dirt road next to our neighborhood, we used to walk our Lab, Brandy down the dirt road everynight and when we got down to the farm, we'd let her loose and she'd run over to the fence and a few of the cows would come up and they'd have a chat - was soo sweet. This guy had the sweetest cows, they'd come over give him kisses, he also raised minature ponies which were adorable :)

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Sandy, what I love most about this story is that Nicky has you out exploring the world. How great is that. These doodles do make us want to be better humans :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts