Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't heard you mention Roly Poly lately. Are you still going over to see the puppies? Have you decided for sure if you're going to get him?
We could use some new pictures, too. (not so subtle hint! :lol: )

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
HI KIM...seems everyone in this house wants Roly's sister the lighter one in the picture I posted earlier hahahhaa

She is a doll baby with the same personality too. :D
I told my breeder I'll let her know in a week as I get pick of the litter.

I haven't decided yet if I can take on this responsibility yet as Max has been having diarrhea for 13 days and NOW FREE of WORMS (finally!!).
He's also on antibiotics which firmed up his poop (finally) as of yesterday,he pees enough, eats real good, steals everything in sight lately, now counter surfs too :roll:

However since yesterday he doesn't want to drink water from his water bowl :shock:
wiating on VET to call me back ...called 2 hours ago. and now gave them a 2nd calll!!! I mean business and worried sick here

I add tons of water to his bland diet so he's really drinking his food hahhahaaa
also going to buy pedialyte in a few minutes here.

Max is my main concern and getting him 100% as I tend to worry
WE had our first 48hrs of no poopy accidents...i got a full nights sleep too and so did Max.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't realize you were still having trouble with Max's health. Perhaps he is getting all the water he needs when he's eating his soupy food? I hope the vet calls back soon. Both pups are adorable. It would be a hard choice. Doc could really use a playmate. Playing with other dogs is his #1, alltime, favorite thing to do, but, I don't know if I could handle another puppy or young dog in the house. If my family liked dogs as much as I do, I'd go for it, but, making them uncomfortable is another concern. Nursing school is HARD, but so far, I'm home more than I thought I would be. Of course, I should be studying while I'm home!

I hope Max gets back to 100% health soon!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
me too and THANKS KIM!!!!

the vet's office has 1hour to call me or I am driving down there.
YES i am that type of person. hahhahahaa

I also think if we're going to get a puppy do it now...so by summertime Max would be a year old and the puppy would be 7mos old.
I know if Max's gets over a year old I don't want to go thru puppyhood again---i'll be spoiled then :wink:

I had 3 kids in 4years...busy at first gets easier in the end.

SO if Max gets BETTER then we can have a puppy doodle

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't want to burst your bubble Annmarie, but, Doc is 13 months old now and still has a LOT of puppiness in him! :shock: He's still difficult in the evening because he's bored and needs "direction". He's also developing an annoying habit of barking when he wants something. It's one ear piercing bark every 15 seconds or so! I'm trying to nip that in the bud. He usually does it in the kitchen when nobody's in there and he wants something out of the cupboard or something that is on the counter.
But, Max sounds like a different personality. All my past puppies were EASY compared to Doc. :?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahahahhahaaa KIM thanks for the laugh and BURSTING my disilluional bubble!! hahahahhahaaaa

Max compared to most dogs has been easier to train but is still a handful a times especially if he sees me on the phone :roll:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
thanks kim!!!

got a call from Vet...doing observation for 24hours. THat Max has been through tons of stress past week. And my adding water to bland diet= getting tons of moisture.

puppy fur may be coming out now as he hit 7mos old but if gets worse then bring him in

and if eating well, peeing , being active so on that things run their course...and add normal dog food in tiny bits in about 3 days

AT least Max and I slept through the night last night for 1st time in over a week.

OH KIM...did you try teaching DOC the word "HUSH"...and reward him at 1st with a treat when he does? it works and now all i do with Max is give him my stern look with my finger to my mouth hahahaha and if he attempts to answer I say HUSH Max...and he does :D of course I lavish him with praise and hugs too
Max when younger wanted to bark back all the time and at every little sound too. NOW he just barks when someone is at the door or comes home

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't stay away from here when I'm home. I think I'll have to start leaving the house to study. :( :D

I'm glad to hear that there doesn't seem to be anything seriously wrong with Max.

About the barking and giving Doc a treat.......keep in mind he's in the kitchen, barking at the cupboard where the treats are, or at the counter where some food is. Do you think if I gave him a treat after telling him to "hush", he would be training ME to give him a treat by barking? LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Ok KIM...i see you're splitting hairs now ...no no kim hahhaha
wanna treat now? :wink:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh boy, are we off-topic again or what!?!? Let's see. This post started off asking about Roly Poly. We do have a knack for that, don't we? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
knock knock...who's there ....we can now say
I don't remember!!!

OK back to topic

Roly's sister is the one everyone wants...she is submissive and laid back to a degree like Max. is a female...max is male. is almost 8weeks old.

I will make my decision by next week.
As right now getting Max back on track is the main concern .

All goes well we'll say YES and take the puppy home in 3 or 4 weeks so Max has a playmate and I can have a fuller plate than now hahhahhaha

·
Registered
689 Posts
Annamarie, I don't want to re-burst your bubble but...Chester was the sweetest,easiest pup to train very laid back and because of him we got Archie. Archie is a much more stubborn and willful guy...

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahahahhaha Annete!! stop that!!!you're as bad as KIM!!!
both of you "HUSH" :wink: :D

sounds like I got my homework to do and also temperament testing in order hahhaahhaaa

stop scaring me!!! hahhahhaa cuz you're doing a fine job

·
Registered
689 Posts
BUT...we love him and he makes us laugh everyday...even when he is doing his "Storm before the Calm" impression!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I'm at a quandary myself, The breeder I got Jonah from has a re-home due to the death of the owner. He's 7mo, neutered, 2 generation....and calm, good with kids and dogs kind of doodle. Am I crazy for considering. Do I need an intervention????? :shock: I'd call him Whalen.....Jonah and the.....insert groan here!
:wink: :wink:

G

·
Gene!
I say "Go For it!!!!!" Whalen is beautiful and Jonah needs a playmate. What other convincing do you need? :lol:
I perfectly understand and know that sonner or later I am going to fall into the 2 doodle dog spell. :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts