Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sweet girl has an ear infection :cry: I was cleaning her ears last nite and her right ear was yukky so we headed to the Vet this am and got her some medicine, she was a good girl.

She's all tired out though and is taking a nappy

G

·
Annabelle feel better soon!

Mary I love when the lay on the pillows like that! Maya does that all the time in bed. She uses the pillow just like a human! Too funny!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
oh (((((Annabelle))))))))))) you have such a great mom running straight to the vet, hope you ear gets better really soon

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Hope your sweet girl feels better soon....love the pillow. Tanner would chew it in 5 minutes :wink:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all the well wishes

Heather Annabelle has a "human" pillow on both beds in the house and uses them like we do :wink:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Feel better soon Annabelle! I woke mom up this morning shaking my head and scratching my ears. I think I'm getting an ear wash today.... :(

Woofs and licks, your friend Cali

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Cali - I don't like ear washes either but I guess they help since this is the first time I've had an ear infection

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Annabelle feel better soon. Take a good nap and you will feel better soon.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Annabelle,

Ouch! Feel better soon...
I only like getting my ear medicine when they hurt because it makes them feel better, but even after they are done hurting Mommy still wants to put antibiotics in them. something about finishing the medicine so they don't hurt again...

Mommy wants to fix my "allergeez" so they dont get infected all the time...

I feel ya, you still look cute though!!!
You'll feel better soon and gets lots of love in the process!

~Sammy

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Get better soon Annabelle! Hope it won't take long to get rid of your ear infection since your mommy caught it so quickly!!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, she just got her night time drops and is resting :)

Nancy can you use the zymox wipes along with the malotic? do you just use the zymox when they have an infection or is it preventative?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I only use the zymox ,nothing else, if its really bad i clean first with cholorhexiderm (its got a drying agent as well)
I only use zymox if the ears have a yeast smell or have gunk in them, as directed,
cleaning once a week with chlorhexiderm as a preventative and just to check weekly for anything starting,,

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, thanks for the info Nancy

- this is the first time AB has had an ear infection, there was no smell, so I'm hoping I caught it early and the stuff Dr. P gave me will clear it up - it's the same stuff I used for my labbie babies, if they had an ear infection and it always worked.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Doodlesville said:
I only use the zymox ,nothing else, if its really bad i clean first whith colorhexiderm (its got a drying agent as well)
I only use zymox if the ears have a yeast smell or have gunk in them, as directed,
cleaning once a week with chlorhexiderm as a preventative and just to check weekly for anything starting,,
RIGHT ON NANCY! That's the advice and same med our Vet gave us on our first visit. Abby gets her ears done weekly with colorhexiderm. I also pluck the hair from the ear with a hemostat to help the cleansing process. If I see gunk or debris I follow up with 5 drops of Tresaderm. Ear infections are a real pain. My MIL just spent 1k on ear problems for her Yorkie. I was so mad :x :x :x I told her if she wants to blow her daughters inheritance to use it on young men and Likker :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everyone

- AB is doing a little better. when I cleaned her ears this am, I didnt get as much gunk from the infected one, thankfully her other ear is fine. put her meds in and she went off to take a nap, what a life :wink:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts