Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tanner was stretched out sound asleep in the front entry this AM when DH come rushing in from mowing the lawn. He had a different hat on and really startled Tanner...OOPH..........the stench was horrible...............Tanner's anal glands emptied on the floor and even he was running around trying to get away from it.

I was able to finally get rid of the smell on Tanner with the Best Shot Spray..the floor is still waiting to be scrubbed.

You haven't lived until it happens to you :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
that sounds pleasant. Does Tanner have problems (does the vet have to express his anal glands)? If so, maybe this is a good thing and he'll continue to express them himself (gradually).

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Annie can you PM ME???? i am not sure if this poodle is doing the same thing? and/or may be in heat?

the stench is bad and my house is horrible and OMG i have 4 fans going, sprayed Fabreeze and Lysol. I mopped my floors with mr clean and i have company coming for my son's b-day party in about less than 2hours

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The vet expressed Tanner's glands twice. Since switching from the Canidae to Merril Wilderness blend his stools are much, much firmer so I think nature is taking its course...just wish it wasn't in the house :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
WEll the POODLE i am watching......not sure but think she's been doing that in my house too :shock: it's gross!!! she goes home in 2more days! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
the stench is bad and my house is horrible and OMG i have 4 fans going, sprayed Fabreeze and Lysol. I mopped my floors with mr clean and i have company coming for my son's b-day party in about less than 2hours
Annmarie .... I was going to say take 'deep breaths' to calm down, but given the current situation... :roll:

Nature's Miracle has always been just that for me. Maybe that would help with the odor. Hope it dissipates soon and Happy Birthday to your son!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have tried cleaning my floor with natures miracle and white vinegar...Tanner still goes over to the area and licks the floor...What else can I try?

How about you Annmarie...did you get rid of the stench?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I've always used a paper towel dampened with water to clean up the initial accident. Then shot it wil Nature's Miracle ... a very good dose as recommended.

And when Ebbe got so sick in my car several weeks ago :cry: ... I got the worst out with the hose .... then scrubbed with diluted Mr.Clean .... then soaked with Nature's Miracle.

This was on the rug - door - and upholstery. It was 95 degrees. And it was :twisted: BAD :twisted:

About an hour later when Marc moved my car he noticed nothing ... the next morning neither did I.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That sounds gross, Nature's Miracle is supposed to help eliminate the pet odors, I also know (from experience) that the vet has some stuff they use to get rid of the odor after expressing the glands and it works well, you could talk to them.

Tegan has needed her anal glands expressed 4 times so far (at 9 monts old) and she's always scooting. The vet said her stools aren't firm enough to express them naturally, so I've had a challenge finding the right food and have tried a few different brands lately. I think with her it's a sensitivity to the chicken protein and since switching to a venison based food with only 5 ingredients in total (Wellness) I am finally starting to see some firming up and for 3 days in a row she hasn't needed a lunch time bowel movement. I'm hoping this will fix her anal gland & scooting problems also.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OK besides Nature's Miracle there is another Product called URINE GONE and it works!!!! thank heavens too!!!
spraying Fabreeze then putting on 3 ceiling fans and opening 6 windows did wonders for my house last night. My kids were cracking up!!! we made so many jokes we had tears streaming down our face.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
lmtoth2 said:
oh annmarie! just think, once the poodle is gone, you'll have some good material for your blog postings :)
exactLY hahhahaaa actually she is being good today for me :shock: or is it that she knows she goes home tomorrow :wink:

OH I just POSTED BLOG article #3

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Blog # 3 = The BEST YET!!!!!! :wink: Love the visual of Dave's boots on the wrong feet and trying to walk without falling over!!! :shock: :shock: Bwahahahaha!
Looking forward to #4! :D

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Annmarie's blog is just under her signature.....enjoy her articles..they're a riot!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts