Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dex has decided that he likes a corner of an entertainment cabinet to chomp on. I've been spraying it with Bitter Yuk, and it doesn't seem to work all the time. I don't know if it's drying out, or the taste doesn't really bother him, but is there a safe alternative that will get the point across? My neighbor once mentioned Tabasco sauce, but I dunno...that doesn't sound safe if he got it in his eyes somehow.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I had a cocker that LOVED Tabasco sauce! I used black pepper for him...he didn't like the sneezing! Jonah doesn't seem to mind the bitter yuck or apple. He figured out how long it takes to dissipate! I have a mini fence around some of his "favorite things"! :wink:

Hope someone has better advice for you...

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
LYNN...it takes time but if you keep saying NO Dexter, distract him with a chew toy each time maybe even moving him away as well then saying good Dexter...he'll catch on. He's what going on 10wks now?

Peanut had a thing for my computer cord ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! took me 2 weeks or so and she finally stopped. AT now 5mos old she no longer tries to chew chair legs at my feet, computer cords, table corner etc

i also used to tether her leash to me and/or put the leash around myankle or wrist ...correcting her each time. over and over again hahhahahha

some days i know it wears you out...but believe me all of sudden one day they don't do it anymore

OH do you have a teething ring? they love them and you can put in fridge or freezer and helps them too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts