Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bid a fond adieu to my first puppy today, and everything you've said about the pain of the goodbye is true. The crodociles do roll, don't they? :cry:

Funny, with nine pups downstairs you'd think I have a crowd, but that special one is missing. The Guide Dogs of the Desert people came today to make their selection. I knew in my heart which one they would take, so when I finished bathing my little cream boy today, I told him it was the last time I'd be giving him a bath. He was the first one they tested, and they didn't want to see any more.

He was a standout, sparkling with personality, yet calm and patient, a nice sturdy build with lush cream colored coat. It makes me proud that the blind person who "sees" this dog's wonderful soul will also have one of the outstandingly lovely dogs in the litter.

I wish you well, little cream boy. Write when you find work. Aloha a hui hou aku.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
It's hard letting go Deb, whether it's one or nine! But your little cream boy will make his mama sooo very proud for the wonderful noble task he will be accomplishing! And you can take heart in the fact that he will be so very loved by his new owner! :D

G

·
Congratulations Deb! This beautiful cream boy that you helped raise will do wondrous things. He will be the gift of sight to someone who would love to be able to take a walk ALONE across town on a gorgeous Spring day, or go away to college and live independently in a dorm like everyone else.
The gift of independence is truly wonderful and YOU are giving that gift to someone.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, all for your kind thoughts. I'm reading them repeatedly. I can still see his kind face standing out in the pack, as he sat patiently amid the leaping hordes, eyes calmly locked on mine, waiting for me to pick Him! He has such a steady confidence. I've already sent him up in a little prayer, and Know that he will graduate and have a great career. He'll bring me the most joy of all in the litter, and my heart will always be with him.

Aloha, ku'uipo! Vaya con Dios.

PS: I'm going to name this one, so the ideas are floating. He's by Tassie's Megastar, out of Tegan Park Devotion. Ideas?

G

·
How about:

Destiny Fulfilled

or in French:
Destin Accompli

or

Regalo di Vista ('Gift of Sight' in Italian)

or

Cadeau de Vue ('Gift of Sight' in French)

I'm still thinking!

:lol:

G

·
PS:
And Regalo could be nicknamed "Reggie"
And Cadeau could be nicknamed "Caddy".... as an aside: A golf caddy ASSISTS pro players with club selection and strategy and ENABLES the player to perform better.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Deb...I am crying...I know, so well, what you are going through. It hurts more than anyone can imagine...even though you know that your baby will get the best of care and have the most wonderful family and life...it hurts.
It never gets easier for me. But I will say that after the first day, the pain eases, the lonliness is taken up by the other demanding puppies...but it will happen again and again. I am so glad that you are keeping one. That will help so much.
Bless you for your gift of love. It will bring you so much pride and joy in time. (The Guide Dogs of the Desert don't give you updates and unless your puppy raiser gets in touch, like my dear Kari did, you won't hear much...but be assured that your pup will be well loved and well trained and that your gift is tremendous!)

I LOVE the names from Linda! Oh, my gosh! Especially Regalo di Vista! Wow!

Call me if you find this just too much... You have a tender heart and a good soul.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, Jac. I'll be busy with a house guest for the next few days, especially busy today, since the cleaning lady and yard man no-showed Sunday, and you should see the laundry room after nine rushed puppy baths yesterday afternoon! Guess I'd better get going, and may as well start with the eighteen tootsie rolls deposited in the ex-pen overnight. These guys are Gifted! :lol: :twisted: :roll:

I sort of like Sky View Cadeau de Vue, in light of at least one other French name already attached to the litter, and "Caddy" as one who assists and enables. I was going to let the owner pick the call name, but that one might be too good to pass up.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, Linda...

Sky View Cadeau de Vue it is!!! You win the naming contest, and can enjoy the reward of being a part of this little guy's good sendoff into the world. Thanks a million for your contribution.

I was sorry they didn't also accept Caddy as his call name, as I thought it was perfect, but at least he's got a good name which will reflect his role in life.

I've tried like heck to post his photo here, but am having no luck. Oh well..

Cadeau went on to his puppy raiser in Arizona today, on the road for real. Meanwhile, a little crocodile still rolls here on occasion... I really feel connected to that little guy.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Best of luck to 'Sky View Cadieu'!!! I know he'll grow up to make you very very proud!!! :D Will they keep you informed on his progress from time to time? If so, please let us know too! :D

G

·
Deb, what an honor! Sky View Cadeau de Vue is a special puppy and he will do great things. You are a wonderful person and in time the pain will lessen and pride will fill it's place. Hugs,
Linda

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Deb, take it from someone who knows...the pain goes away, the sadness lightens, but you never, ever forget to love them. And you will get pictures from time to time and it will be the most pleasant surprise for you! And you will hear about how much he is loved and it will make you feel so good.
Then...you just have to start planning that next litter!
(I sent a buyer to you last night...hope he contacted you.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts