Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually take my heart medicine first thing in the morning, before Dex is out of his crate. But yesterday my script had run out and Kevin went and got it around noon. So of course, I drop a pill. I didn't see where it fell, so I quickly pushed Mr. Nosey out of the kitchen and get on my hands and knees to look for it. Of course, mom on hands and knees means play, so he's right up under my nose the whole time. I couldn't find it, so I decided to look in the dining room to see if it rolled. I'm looking on the cream colored floor for a pink triangular pill. Then my eye spots a white triangular pill. Hmmm, "Mr. too quick for his own good" had snatched it, sucked the coating off and must have tasted bitter and spit. Thank god! I don't now what one accupril would do to a doodle, but am not in the mood to find out.

Isn't it funny how everything in the world is just amazing to them, and needs to be tasted, pounced or squeezed?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hmmm sounds to me like you have a normal dog.
That'll be $10 please :wink:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Glad he spit it out and that you found it. I've had to gate Cody out of the kitchen a couple of times when I've dropped my synthroid (white on white vinyl - eeks!). Not sure what it would do to him, but like you, don't want to find out.

I swear Cody is worse then either of my kids were as babes! All the tasting and everything going in the mouth that's remotely accessible! UGH!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
So glad you "captured" it first!! My cocker once got my pill for vertigo, and watching the poor thing after the "peroxide" cocktail I gave him about broke my heart!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Since the Tums incident at my (Coco's) house, I have to try to be really fast if I want to snarf up a pill somebody drops.....I guess they have gotten pretty paranoid about what may happen if I eat one, or two....I learned my lesson after eating the 91 Tums....I HATE the jigger of peroxide~~ but those little white and pinkish pills sure are interesting.....they must be tastey because everyone dives for them and won't let me near. My chews are getting kind of BORING!!! I did suck the coating off an allergy pill.....and had to spit it out. GAG!! It was awful!!!

:roll:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why, thank you Dr. AnnMarie. But since when does "normal" apply to doodles? (or their "parents" for that matter :shock: :lol: ) I'm going to take a grain of salt with psychological advice given from someone crazy enough to get a second doodle pup. Gotta be something loose upstairs :p

·
Registered
1,856 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
From what I can gather....you probably are saner than they are!

No offense, Annmarie and Gene, just an observation..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wasn't it you Annmarie, that said a long time ago....takes one to know one??? Being loopy runs in my family....so I will own up. :roll:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
know what Dextersmommy...you are just jealous you aint crazy like me. Don't worry you're making progress though lately, you are almost there honey!! i can see it in your doodle's eyes. :wink:

and also Peanut is on the small side, seriously. her type of goldendoodle would be perfect for those wanting a smaller doodle , living in a smaller hoouse or apt, or those wanting another smaller doodle with the same smarts and antics.

Peanut is about 20.5in tall, and hmm not yet 40lbs at 6mos old.
max is 25 in tall and 65lbs+ at 11mos

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
JANE AND GENE... i want to congratulate you on being so honest. you came forward so easily to admit your problem in life: you are insane and have a sense of humor and a complete doodleaholic as well. There there, don't you both feel better now? and don't worry, dextersmommy is just in the denial stage still

that'll be $20 please...thank you :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
" To BE or NOT to BE , is the question" :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
confusciuos say: one with prosthectic sometimes can't protesteth" and one with two doodles has noodles in their head :D :D

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Blueteal is being very quiet on this sane or insane
subject. I may not have two Doodles, but I dare
any of you to try 1 Doodle with 9 cats

Oops!!!! that probably just puts me in with the insane group.
Oh well nice company though baahahahahahaaa!!!!!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Well then Sue, I think you need TWO doodles with your nine cats....and a partridge in a pear tree....hahahahahahaha
After all, Denver needs a buddy he can roughhouse with, dontcha think???? :shock:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
DENVER needs a partner in crime with all those cats!!! 2 doodles = 9 cats with about 8 lives left

don't y'all agree :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts