Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just spoke with the neighbor who's dog has allergies and did very well on Wellness food that has just 2 ingredients.
The pet store suggested that because Sam is so picky he might do well on Taste of the Wild food. It is grain-free and has Salmon in it.

Sam ate the spilled bits off the floor in a flash before I could even pick it up after filling the can we keep food in.
So Mr. Picky-pants likes it a lot! He is crunching away as we speak and we didn't even have to mix the old food in for him to eat it.

Anyone have success with this food?
Dogfoodanalysis gives it a good rating from what I can see...

Hopefully we can banish those rotten itchies!!!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I had thought about Wellness but I couldn't find it close to me. Plus what everyone on the forum had said about Canidae I thought I should give it a try. I would say take it and see if you can get a small bag. It is really good you know that he likes it. But try it for a week or two and see how he does.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wellness works for our neighbor but the pet store lady said most of the time you switch from Wellness to a food with more than just two ingredients because the Wellness is on the bland side...

She also advised us that the small bag wasn't worth the price.
And she also said that it would take at least 2-3 weeks and definitely 12 weeks to be entirely sure it is working...

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
maybe you will have to add pumpkin or something to it. And see what happens. But if he likes it maybe he will be ok with it.

G

·
Maya is on Wellnes and loves it. She is on the super5 chicken mix. It only has chicken in it as the source of protein. The place I get Maya's food from gave me sample bags to make sure Maya would like it and then I bought the smaller bag to see how she did. She does fine on this food so I am going to keep her on it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wellness works GREAT for the neighbor, but we were concerned Sam wouldn't eat it because they gave us some to try and he ate very little.
He is EXTREMELY picky

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So Maya is itch/ear infection free for the most part?

G

·
Yeah but that was not her problem. She had tummy problems. She used to be my lil LB queen (LB=liquid butt). She is better now!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
The sell Taste of the Wild where we buy Tanner's Merrick Wilderness. It rates well...there are several different ones. I think one is bison or venison, and one is salmon...I think there is another one also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts