Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I think it's kind of like preaching to the choir here.

I showed dogs in AKC trials (obedience) and non AKC. When the mixed breeds were allowed in a non-AKC show, they always did well.

I think it's up to the person. I know someone who wouldn't dream of having a mix, however she loves Cinnamon and considers her ok because she was a "designer dog" and not a true "mutt". She used to be a breeder of boxers and now owns a sheltie. She got really upset when she was told that most breeders kill a dog that isn't up to AKC standards because they didn't want the customers to know that the certain fault was in the bloodline. In the case of her boxers, it was a white color. She wasn't supposed to allow the white puppies to live so the AKC could "weed out" the color from the breed. Now how stupid is that? She didn't, and it cost her the AKC status. This was years ago, I don't know how they do things now. But how cruel is that!!

I love all dogs, doesn't matter what breed or mix it is. It's a living thing and to kill it because it's undesirable is just wrong!

Ok, off the soapbox now...

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Wll said Cinnsmom...my exact sentiments! What a bunch of morons....
All life is precious, whether perfect or not!
I have NO love for the AKC..never have, never will....!
Kathie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts