Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm optimistically hoping that Cooper had a couple of aha moments on the potty training today. I always take him out our back door during the daytime for pottying. Today he ran back to the door and just looked at me like "what are you waiting for???" Am I just being optimistic, as Cooper is only 12 weeks??

G

·
Way to Go, Cooper! I bet he is a fast learner doodle, and you obviously did a great job training! Congrats!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Linda - Thanks, it always feels good to get a pat on the back. The only thing I have really done is consistently taken him out, and we always go out the same door, to the same spot. Maybe consistency really does pay off!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Well done!
Housetraining is so swift for some... and a long drawn out process for others. Moses was HORRIBLE about it. But I've had other dogs that were good in under a week.

I'm so glad for you that it's one of the easier cases this time!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
That is AWEsome ! he is a fast learner, that is fantastic , Doodles are sooo smart

AB was about 12-13 weeks when one evening she jumped up,flew thru the dog door and down the stairs, we jumped up after, flew out on to porch and their was my baby girl in the yard, peeing ! OMG what an exciting moment

·
Registered
985 Posts
Wow, what a great moment! Not at all surprising; some pups catch on faster than others. And some never tell you when they have to go out. Most of our dogs didn't. I've tried the bell and it just never - er - clicked with Chouette. She just waits for us to take her. Sometimes I can see that she's restless, but she's never gone to the door to signal. And even if Cooper isn't totally consistent yet, the fact that he did it is just wonderful. Sounds like he definitely has the idea. Congratulations!

Leslie

·
Registered
980 Posts
Dexter was very easily trained at 12 weeks. Congrats on your "easy trainer" puppy. I bet he has it down pat soon.

Dex now has his urgent prance and whine, and his "not-so-urgent-just-went-out-10-minutes-ago-and-want-to-chew-sticks-and-chase-dragonflies" whine. You'll learn the difference as they get older and wiser.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Congrats! It's such a great moment when you realize that they "get it"! Keep up the good work Cooper!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
yes that is a very good sign :)

Like Dexter's mommy said, the signs as they get older become easier to notice. we too have the ranging whines from a small soft whine to a sit next to you and whine a bit louder to a loud dinosaur sounding whine (meaning he really has to go)...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts