Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes this is actually a photo from an agility competition Shelbe did this spring. We have been training agility for a little over a year and he has now earned his novice jumpers title and is one Q (qualifying score) away from his novice tunnelers title. He has 17 ribbons to date. (Is it obvious mom is really proud!?) Agility is great for teamwork and Shelbe loves it. Though it is important to have obedience down because as one of our instructors said, "Agility is obedience with speed!" Shelbe and I have really "bonded" through agility, it is fun, we've met great people, and good exercise for Shelbe and me. We love it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Way to go, Shelbe! Great job! My 13 year old daughter, Megan and I just started our two dogs, Sawyer and Huck on agility and it is so much fun! The dogs love it and so do we! Tomorrow is our next class and I can't wait.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow! thats really cool. I've always wondered about where you actually train agility, but w/e. Shelbe, that's awesome! Way to go!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Congratuations! Agility training sounds fantastic! How do I find out about it? I never knew that there was specific training for that.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Wow! What's our problem?? Do all our your agility dogs do their sits, stays, downs, heels, etc like they are required to? I mean, no goofing off, no "thinking about it", just doing it without question? Dakota has been to levels of obedience and sure knows the stuff but he is also very bull-headed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts