Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have been dying to do this. Agility was actually one of the things I had in mind when I got Toby. We don't have a facility (that I can find) in our area. Go for it- it sure would be fun to watch you on the finals next year. I understand that training starts early, but aren't most of the real competitors about 3? We'll be watching for you guys in 2008 :lol:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Jan, I can't offer much help on the come command but a whistle seems to be working for me. I blow very shrillly into a referee-type whistle to get his attention and then give the command. Our trainer told me that the key is to always say "come" firmly and then to immediately start praising "good boy yadda yadda" but not to say "come" anymore. Use that word one time and mean it. We are a long way from there, but progressing nicely. Alice would be a really nice size for agility. I signed Toby up for training today - found a facility about 30 miles away that is starting an agility class in May. He's a very clumsy 52 lbs. but I still thing he'll have a lot of fun. I may have to skip the jumps.....we'll see. Thank you for setting a fire under me- I had kind of given up this idea.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yeah Milo! That's cool. Toby is really excited about starting his class. His Daddy thinks I should try to teach him how to get in and out of the car by himself before he goes to agility school :oops: What do you all think?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.