Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever done agility training with their doodle? My husband and I were watching a competition on TV the other night with Alice (yes, she watches TV, especially when there are animals on, my husband and she watch the National Geographic channel together), and we thought she would be great at it because she is so fast and agile. She literally leaps off of furniture on all fours and moves so quickly sometimes! :shock: So I did a little research on training in our area and I found a place that does it and they start when they are puppies (she's about 9 months old now); AND they'll work with mixed breeds. Some of those types of things only deal with purebreds...so snobby! So we're on a list when they start their next Pre-agillity class which is mainly obedience and learning certain commands they will need to know. One main requirement is that they know the COME command because it's all done on off leash. So we have to work on that because she's not very consistent with that.

Has anyone ever done this? I think she would love it....She's a small one, only about 23-25 pounds (a medium F-1) and so light on her feet! She needs a little excitement in her life! :lol: I'd love to hear any feedback on this!

Jan
Woodland Hills, CA 8)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great to hear that a lot have done it and enjoyed it! I don't know what an ILP is, but Alice is spayed so I don't think we'll have a problem with that. My main concern is to get the COME command down pat. They gave me a suggestion of a method that uses a clicker. Does anyone have any other good methods of teaching them to COME no matter what?

Jan
Woodland Hills, CA 8)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.