Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rosie is drawn to the cat food. Our cat, Sasha, has refused to come out of the master bedroom since Rosie moved in. So, we keep her food in there. If we don't keep the bedroom door closed when Rosie is not being supervised she sneaks in and chows down all of poor Sasha's food. The trouble is that the food gives Rosie the runs. Its terrible! We know Rosie is on the look out for a chance to get the cat food so we are very diligent about closing the door. Well, yesterday morning, Jason went for a bike ride. I was letting Kayley watch cartoons on the tv because I have horrible all day long sickness and wanted to lay on the couch. Well, I fell asleep and Rosie took advantage of her freedom and ate the cat food, again. So, of course, her poops are runny and gross and I'm in thethe worst part of first trimester sickies. I wanted to cry this morning when I had to pick it up. I just kept asking Rosie why. It can't taste any better than Rosie's food can it? It has to make her tummy upset since she will have runny poop for 2 days after eating it. So why does she keep doing it? For such a smart dog, she sure is dumb. I don't mean that but I just needed to vent. I know its my fault for not closing the door but argh!

G

·
They absolutely love cat food. It does taste better to them than their food. In fact during Maya's training one of the distractions when we were practicing come when called was an open can of cat food sitting out. No dog could resist it.

Anyway Maya will get into the cat food given the chance. I took the easy way out and put the cat food up higher where she can't reach it. The cat food now sits on top of the wahser (I have a front loader) pushed back from the edge. Maya can't get to it there. So I guess my suggestion is to put it up high so the cat can jump up but the dog can't reach it.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I second that suggestion...put it high where Rosie can't get it. We also use a doggy gate with a hole large enough for our cat but not big enough for Tanner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts