Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I prefer K9 Advantix as well - Run a search for Advantix and you will find this topic discussed at length :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Last summer we tried Frontlline on one dog and Advantix K9 on the other. WE decided the Advantix was better because the Frontline dog would come in with ticks, the Advantix one didn't. This year, both are on Advantix K9 and neither dog has had any ticks. We have a lot of ticks here, including ones that carry Lyme, and without Advantix the dogs would come in just covered.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I used to use Advantix in the past with my previous dogs and cats

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all!!!!!!! Hoping to get those pics soon! My memory card is full anyway!! ROTFL

·
Registered
35 Posts
just wondering both brands said their products will last 4 weeks but what i found out was that at the third week sometimes my dogs with come home with fleas. do you guys think its ok to apply before the 4 week period?

thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cinsmom said:
I'd talk to your vet. Could be he's not on the right stuff or needs to upgrade the weight factor.
no... not the weigh issue. my beagle is only 35lb and i use the 30 to 50lb advantax on him. last summer he had a very bad flea problem during the 3nd week.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Cinnamon is on Frontline and we've not had a problem with fleas. I even go for 2 months during the non-tick seasons and we don't have problems. We live in the country and I know we have a lot of the critters, so there's our testimonial.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Raleigh and Molly have been on both...it just depends on what the vet is selling or promotes....neither have had any fleas, and this year, no ticks!!!
Good news for all of us!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts