Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I have a faint recollection of reading about this before, but didn't come up with anything in the search. Lately I have been noticing that in the spot where I put K9 Advantix on Oliver his fur is turning a strange gray color that a bath doesn't even fully wash out. Does anyone have any experience with this? I hesitate to switch back to a different brand, but probably should give that a try.

Just thought I would throw it out there.

Thanks!

Adam

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
can you try going a little higher or lower with the next few treatments to see if dicoloration happend again?

i tried doing a search......one site a person said they thought same thing was happening to their poodle
VET said since it's a medication it could be possible but without seeing dog could not confirm.

G

·
I use Advantix on my dogs too. I haven't noticed any discoloration but I don't put it all in one spot. I put it on in a few spots down the back. I do this last thing before bedtime so there is no licking or playing so it gets all night to seep in to the skin. Maybe that will help?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Toby s got a cream coat..and Advantix doe s discolor his coat as well
..after applying it to 4 different spot s on his back they ll first look like
spot s oil spots..then even s out as it bleeds thru-out his coat..

after a couple of day s it look s like a racing stripe down his back..

and after 3 day s ill rinse him with a coat conditoner and his natural
color return s..cream coat with a apricot stripe down his back..

i think the Advantix just darken s the apricot portion of his
coat..yet it does go back to normal by the end of the week..

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I know i have dark colored doodles but i have seen any discoloring on mine. So i can't be of any help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everybody,

I have a faint recollection of reading about this before, but didn't come up with anything in the search. Lately I have been noticing that in the spot where I put K9 Advantix on Oliver his fur is turning a strange gray color that a bath doesn't even fully wash out. Does anyone have any experience with this? I hesitate to switch back to a different brand, but probably should give that a try.

Just thought I would throw it out there.

Thanks!

Adam

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an all white Shepsky, well… I used to. She now has a weird purplish/grayish spot from the flea medicine. Does it grow out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts