Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will grooming and/or bathing alter the affectiveness of Advantix? I've never used it before but am planning to this year. I just wondered if I should wait until Charlie gets his summer do.

Deb

G

·
My rule is no bath or grooming within 48 hours of applying Advantix. (I think the website says 24 but I wait an extra day just to make sure.)

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Do you all like Advantix? I don't use that one. But have thought about it. It cost less then the one I am on.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Our vet recommended advantix over frontline because it protects against something that Frontline doesn't cover (may be mosquitos - I honestly don't remember what that something is).

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I usually put it on the week before I take Tyke to get groomed (@least 48 hours before). Our groomer will put it on for us, but I hate that "stripe" it leaves on Tyke's back after putting it on! It still seems to be just as effective putting it on and then grooming, and it's the only one that really seems to help with ticks! We really have to watch for those here.

G

·
It does cover against mosquitos. I was on frontline and then switched to Advantix b/c of the mosquito coverage. So far we have been flea and tick free. You just really need to watch using Advantix if you have a cat. Advantix is poisonous to them. I have a cat and still use Advantix b/c I called Bayer (manufacturer) and they said as long as the cat doesn't groom the dog less than 12 hours after application there is no worries.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts