Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My doodle seems to have a really bad case of reflux. She throws up about 3 times a day and we have had to put her on prolisec for 6-8 weeks. For some reason she has not been eating and still continues to throw up. The funny thing is she is still pooping regularly though. We put her on a bland diet of chicken and rice for 2 weeks and it has seemed to settle her. We feed her canidae so im wondering if it is the food she just isnt agreeing with.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Awwww.................what is the vet saying? After just having gone through this vomiting and illness with Bogie, I can't help but be concerned for you.
Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
our vet has said to keep her on prilosec and thinks the throwing up might be due to something else and wants to do xrays to make sure. We have done blood work and everything is normal. She thinks the dog might have ingested something she wasnt supposed to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has any one else heard of this happeneing ...the acid reflux in their dog. Or has anyone had a bad experience with the canidae food?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Toby has thrown up after eating junk in the backyard..if i think
he s going to have a upset tummy ill give him a Tums..

it doe s work.. :lol:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Sorry, no help here. We feed Canidae, works great for them both. The only time we have had throw up (other then car sickness) was when Lucas ate a whole bully stick in one day... no more bully sticks for him...

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
The only time Cinnamon has thrown up after eating was when she was a pup and ate too fast. She'd wolf it down without chewing and it would come back up whole chunks. We had to slow her down for a while. Other than that, she'll vomit after eating grass in the yard (always on the carpet in the LR :x ) but that's it.

Sorry, no help.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Annabelle eats canidae so does friends dog, neither have had a problem

only time AB has gotten sick is if she has been playing hard and drinks water too fast, she will throw water back up sometimes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Marli does that also ....she will scarf down her food want to go out and play then come back in gulp down water and throw it back up. Lately though she has not been eating her food, or as much as she used too. Shes 10 months so maybe her eating has just become less as she gets older??

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
i ve learned from the eat, play barf routine the hard way also..

Toby s 2 sibling eat 1 meal a day at 2pm..Toby s scheduled feeding are
6am, 11am, again at 2pm..

there walk s and play are nt till after 9am and 5pm..that give the food time to settle..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts