Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 16:16:49 -0700
The following is from Sarah Sprouse --manager of AKC Canine Legislation Department:
The following is an alert that is in the process of being posted on our site right now. I spoke with Peter Detwiler who will be handling the bill and he said we do need new letters. Additionally, please do what you can to convince people to contact the committee and not Senator Negrete McLeod's personal office. She does not react well to that type of pressure. She needs to be hearing (in the form of written letters) from her constituents. Other communications should be directed to Peter and the committee office. Thanks!
AB 1634 is Moved to Local Government Committee

Assembly Bill 1634 has been removed from the Business, Professions and Economic Development Committee and re-referred to the Committee on Local Government. The bill will be heard at their hearing on July 11th at 9:30am in Room 112.

ALL CLUBS NEED TO SEND NEW LETTERS! Also, as the bill was amended please reference the bill As Amended June 27th. Letters must be received by July 3rd. Please immediately send your letters of opposition to the Local Government Committee:
Senate Local Government Committee
ATTN: Peter Detwiler
State Capitol, Room 5046
FAX: 916-322-0298
AND
Senate Republican Local Government Consultant
Ryan Eisberg
Legislative Office Building
Sacramento, CA 95814
Fax: 916-322-0298
-- We've also updated our club letter with the new contact information.

Sarah Sprouse
Manager, AKC Canine Legislation Department
5580 Centerview Drive
Raleigh, NC 27606
(919) 816-3720
(919) 816-4275 FAX

·
Registered
53 Posts
Rally in Sacramento on July 11th.

I received this yesterday as an e-mail. there will be a rally in Sacramento on July 11th. Please contat Bill Hemby his e-mail is [email protected]

Legislation to require the government- enforced sterilization of nearly all cats and dogs in California will be heard in the Senate Local Government Committee at 8:00 am on Wednesday, July 11.

Originally scheduled to be heard by two Senate policy committees, AB 1634 was suddenly pulled from the first committee without a hearing.

State Senators have been receiving overwhelming opposition to the bill from PetPAC members, including animal welfare organizations, law enforcement, the disabled, working dog groups, cat and dog clubs, and responsible pet owners across the state.

While seating at the hearing will be extremely limited, a live telecast of the proceedings will be broadcast in selected rooms open to the public in the Capitol.

The PetPAC Capitol Rally has been moved to July 11 and will start at the conclusion of the Senate Committee hearing around 9:30 am. Please RSVP to PetPAC if you plan to attend. If you already responded for the original Monday Rally date, please send in a new RSVP.

SENATE LOCAL GOVERNMENT COMMITTEE HEARING
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
8:00 am
State Capitol, Room 112
Sacramento

PetPAC CAPITOL RALLY
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
9:30 am
State Capitol
West Steps (10th Street side)
Sacramento

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Lisa,
I think that the sheer numbers are helping, I have seen letters from all over the world. In fact, most of the out of state letters tell the Senators how they feel and that they will no longer visit CA for seminars, vacations, etc. if this bill passes.
I think that the fiscal impact is important to them.

Sue, thanks for the PetPac info. It is really helpful!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Julie! Great to hear from you again!
Send me a private email or PM and let me know how the pups are!
Nice to see that you are jumping right in to support us too! THanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts