Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get ready for picture overload! This is Mill Creek park, right in the middle of Youngstown, about 12 minutes from my house. I've found the only (well, one of the only)problems with being a single doodle dad is it's hard to get good pictures of the kids on the leash. It was so hot, we didn't stay long. There's always tomorrow..... :wink:

Enjoy.......

Welcome to the park!

View from a bridge

Pose for the camera.....HA!

The old mill

Come on Dad....we're tired!

There's always time for a snack of grass!

Jonah and Miko say "Thanks for looking!!"

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At this place in the park....a 75-100' drop and a fence. When I have help, we're going to go to one of the lakes or probably a stream to start.

All total, it's a 2600 acre park and wildlife sanctuary. It's one of the main reasons I stay here! But, no off leash park!
http://www.millcreekmetroparks.com/index2.asp

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
OH...........what a great pair. Looks like a beautiful place to walk them...I'll bet everyone wants to meet and greet them :) :)

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
wow miko is so much smaller than jonah! i haven't seen them next to each other before. i love the photo of her looking back - she's got such a cute look on her face.

Do you have trouble walking them together like that? I can imagine if we had another dog - Dexter would wind up wrestling w/him/her and they'd wind up all tangled :roll:

thanks for the photos!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We had a couple of moments. They tangled me when we stepped aside for a jogger. Usually, when they change sides, the double leash gets hooked in a tail. For the most part, they're excellent together on the leash. Still didn't want to risk the gorge trail and press my luck! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
GENE they are adorable together!!! and wow Miko is growing her fur back in so nicely too. They both look great and so well behaved. GREAT pics!! thanks for sharing

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Beautiul park Gene! And this is in the middle of the city??? How fortunate for you and Jonah and Miko!! Too bad it was so hot today...can't wait to see the two of them swimming together! Better get yourself two long ropes... :D

G

·
Beautiful spot, Gene!
I just took Bella and my 6y/o on a hike in a park down the road. There is a beautiful brook that leads to a deep swimming hole with lots of slippery rocks all over. Bella tried to dive in the deep swimming hole, I slid down a slippery rock trying to stop her(Still not sure she can swim yet). I stopped her, but I can't wait to try again when I am dressed for water :lol:
She then proceeded to dive off the path into the brook multiple times, she had a ball!
First time ever off leash and she did very well! If she got too far ahead, I would call and she would return.
I was afraid she would cross to the other side and then not want to cross back.
So how do you hold 2 doggies AND take pictures?
I need some tips! I'm afraid the camera is going to end up in the brook :lol:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a Cannon A630 that has a mini handle to steady which is why I bought it. Still is difficult to keep the hand steady... :wink:

Sounds like Bella had a great time. I want to try some of the water at the park, but I'll have to have my cousin with me as backup hands.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts