Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had dinner the other night with some friends, and pesticides and herbicides came up. The man told me that years ago his daughter was dating a guy and suddenly both he and his mother developed severe allergies to corn and corn products. This was about the time that heavy pesticide/herbicide use was becoming prevalent with corn crops, and our friend suspects that often people who can't tolerate corn are actually reacting to the chemicals now used so universally to grow it, rather than the corn itself.

Something to think about....

Leslie

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I think that is often the case with allergies. My husband is allergic to the preservative that they put on frozen shrimp and other seafood. He can eat fresh ones but the frozen one make his hands and throat swell.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
makes sense cause my dogs will eat corn cobs and have no ill effects I buy organic or its from my garden (not this year though!)

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
movistar said:
makes sense cause my dogs will eat corn cobs and have no ill effects I buy organic or its from my garden (not this year though!)
Are you saying that your dogs DO react to other types of corn products that aren't organic? That would be interesting indeed!

Wonder if Annie has given me a hint about what my granddaughter's allergic to in crabs; sometimes they bother her and sometimes they don't...

Leslie

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
When we are in South Carolina Tim can eat fresh seafood. What we get in Utah comes from Taiwan etc. and is treated with a chemical that bothers many people. :twisted: :twisted:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts