Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was a special day! Nicky, who is really too big for his crate, got to spend two hours alone in the house without being crated while I was out doing errands! This is the first time he's been left alone for any length of time outside his crate. I'm happy to report both Nicky and the house survived! I don't know what he did while I was gone, but nothing is damaged and nothing has been chewed!

I have a meeting tomorrow morning and will leave him uncrated again. I hope he does as well as he did today. I really need to do away with the crate before Thanksgiving week. I'm having company that week and will have a crowd for Thanksgiving dinner. The crate is in the way of expanding the dining table.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts

Nicky!! Way to go!! You must have made your Mom so proud today!
My Mom and Dad left me alone (with Molly of course) last week for 2 1/2 hrs. when they went to the new Cabella's in the next town! And I didn't do anything!! Just like you! :wink:

Your pal,
Raleigh!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Way ta go Nicky, FREEDOM :!: :!:

Vanessa, I think you've missed your calling :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Good job Nicky!!

We left ours for one hour last weekend and everything was fine when we got home - I want to set up a video camera to see what they do...haha...

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Way to go Nicky! Maybe I can do that with Tyke someday!! (in about 5 years at the rate she is going :lol: )

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Dear Nicky,
What was the secret word you used on your FoodLady to let you stay out of the crate by yourself?
Mine won't even consider it ... just because I love to grab the FoodGuys iPod now and then or his wallet ... Geeesh :roll:
I think it's great that you were so good.
Keep it up and maybe my FoodFolks will consider it for ME!
Woofs and Licks,
Your Friend Ebbe

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
alright NICKY......way to go!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Well done!
I still can't leave Moses in the house alone without chaos and he's 17 months old!
He takes the curtains off the windows , screams like he's being killed and just makes a total mess. :(

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The boy (Nicky the Doodle) stayed out of his crate again this morning while I went to my meeting. I was gone a little over 2 hours. He was a good boy! Nothing chewed, nothing out of place! Whew!

I'll be out again tomorrow morning for another meeting. I'll be away a little longer this time. Another test for the boy!

I keep thinking I'll come home to a house in shambles, but so far, so good!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts