Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did poo pick today. And I saw something that worries me. What do worms look like in poo and why would my dog poo be white? Anyone know the answer please let me know. Beau goes to see the vet on monday just to get in their system and everything but now I am worried. I am going to go Google the worms but the white poo maybe stuffing from a toy or i don't know.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok Chris just got home and said it could have been magiigets (SP- big time) YUCK!! And I am sure now that is what it was. I found out about white poo so no worries.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Hmmm in 35yrs In dogs , i have never seen white poop
maybe he did chew up a toy,
ok here is what to do,,make sure he is eating and drinking well
if not go to vet asap

worms if you see in poop look like spaggetti in most cases ,,or rice

does your pup act sick? eating drinking? playing? runny poop?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Flies do lay their eggs in doogy poo...(maggots) maybe that is what you saw. Won't hurt though to take a sample to the vet.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
1. take a sample to vet to be safe
2. our doodle Poop turns white after a few days to a week also dependent on the type of food given in addition to Canidae
3. may sound silly but did you feed them any rice or canned dog food with rice?
4. are both doodles drinking enough water?

and i guess to answer your own question a stool sample may be in order

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. When Beau goes in on monday i will take a sample in. Thanks again. I think I was worried and unsure what i saw. I was so tired who knows. But I will take in a sample on monday.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Oh you are talking about Beau?? Did you feed him treats? a dogs tummy can get very upset if fed anything different and the treats now a days you just never know whats in them
what you have discribed does not sound like worms
is he acting normal? eating drinking etc?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My husband doesn't think it was worms just a bug eating his poo. It was Beau's poo. But i don't think it was anything. but to be on the safe said i will get a sample into the vet.

·
Registered
247 Posts
do you mean like all white? or white specks? sometimes shaia has hard chalky white poo that crumbles coming out (nice, eh?) it's infrequent but a bit shocking. goes away in a day. but yes, i would take a sample in. we have a giardia outbreak going around SF right now. yikes.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
In Raw feeding white poop indicates too much bone in the diet. If it's any help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts