Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had owned a Doberman, Rocky, for nine years when he came down with bone cancer last winter and had to be euthanized. Although he was the gentilest dog you would ever meet his bark was quite intimidating. He never failed to let me know when someone was approaching the house. I appreciated that as it made me feel more secure.

I adopted Labatt yesterday
(http://labradoodle-dogs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1523)
and never really gave much thought to him picking up where Rocky left off. Well, after only a few hours in his new home he has decided that he will announce anyone coming around. Twice last night he loudly barked when invited company came down the drive (of course his tail went crazy when it became apparent they were no threat) and once in the middle of the night, while sleeping on the floor at the foot of my bed, he woke me when something caught his attention.

I am very pleased to say that Labatt HAS taken up right where Rocky left off.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Wow, he must feel like he is home...protecting his family and his turf! I am happy that it has turned out so well for you.
My dogs bark like crazy when someone approaches too, but they lick them to death when they come in! It is a secure feeling knowing that they sound so scary! (Sometimes a bit embarrassing, but that's okay.)
It is great that your adoption of Labatt has been such a wonderful thing for your family and for Labatt!

·
Registered
689 Posts
So cool. Chester will bark like crazy when someone comes toward the door or walks by the house. Its intimidating but the most he'll do is beat them with his wagging tail. These ferocious doodle!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Glad to hear that you and Labatt are getting along so great. Welcome to the addicting world of Labradoodles, and welcome to this site.
Terri Lynn

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Molly said:
Glad to hear that you and Labatt are getting along so great. Welcome to the addicting world of Labradoodles, and welcome to this site.
Terri Lynn
Thanks Molly and/or Terri :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
When my beloved Ollie, fierce but gentle Shepherd mix, passed away last August, I thought it would be a long time before any puppy could even come close to filling his awesome paw-print.

When our labradoodle, Sawyer, was about 4 1/2 months old (he is 7 months currently) a sound, like a deep *WOOF* came out of him. It was a manly sound for such a young pup, but very promising as a loyal guard!

You will never forget Rocky, but how wonderful that Labatt can fill your soul! Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
The only way I know if someone is at the door is Cinnamon's running from the door to the front window. However, if someone is at the neighbors, she's all bark. I need to get that turned around somehow. Just haven't figured it out yet!

·
Registered
2 Posts
bone cancer

Are you talking about bone cancer or something else?! Umm. There is a good page for bone cancer perhaps!
Also,you can find some other content on it,such as own your own business or direct deposit form or pet supplements.
You can search on the homepage try some other keywords,no ads even.these page updated every day.Because of the huge database,it perhaps not very fast,if you don't like it,take it easy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That is so sweet that you are healing from the loss of your pet. I hope that Labatt will continue to remind you of all of the great things that a pet brings!
My Dora won't bark when someone comes to the door. She sits and watches very intently. Then if the guest tries to talk to or pick up one of the kids she goes crazy. Barking and trying to jump the gate. She is okay with everyone until they get near the kids. She is really over protective of my 3 year old. If he jumps on the trampoline, she will lay under it and whine until he gets down. She even started to bark when he stood up in a chair yesterday.
Beth and Dora
http://community.webshots.com/myphotos? ... ity=qSYtSu
or
http://labradoodle-dogs.net/gallery/index.php?cat=10666

1 - 11 of 11 Posts