Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I bought an Olympus E-510 because of all the good things I've been hearing about it from this forum. Diane, I think Olympus should pay you for being their "Official Labradoodle Forum Salesperson."

I was pondering getting an SLR and since the E-510 went on sale here last week I just had to do it.

This past weekend we went on a mini vacation to Tofino - which is about as far west as you can get in Canada. You can rent cabins right on the beach and the one we went to was pet friendly. They even had dog towels and a doggie quilt for them to sleep on.

Just about everyone walking on the beach had a dog so it was great.

Anyway, here are some pictures.

HENRY PLAYING WITH HIS FRISBEE

A VERY BAD THROW SENDS THE FRISBEE INTO THE OCEAN

[/img]

LAMENTING HIS LOST FRISBEE

HEY - A STICK IS JUST AS GOOD

[/img]

We went for a walk later in the afternoon when the tide was low to look for the frisbee. We saw a nice little cream coloured dog happily trotting along with it and we didn't have the heart to take it away from him. :cry:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Hey! What a great place to spend a few days!! Looks like a very peaceful
break from the rat race. Good pictures, too!!
Do you just love your new camera??
8)

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Henry is such a sweetie to let that little puppy have his frisbee...hugs to you Henry!!! From Raleigh & Molly!!! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
YES!!! another OLYMPUS E510 fan!!! congrats...I LOVE my E510 and have not ever had a moment of buyers remorse!!!

Your pics are GREAT and i love the last one with Henry and his stick on the beach!!!

keeep the PICS coming ...AND i too have Thanked DIANE many times for making me think TWICE about the pentax vs OlympusE510

the Olympus E510 is compared to the Cannon 40d ($1400 range)
for the money OLYMPUS E510 is awesome as our doodles!! :wink:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
good info to keep in my mind when shopping for a new camera
by the time I do that.....everything will be all different!
cameras, phones and computers.....change soooo fast, huh?

G

·
Wow, just unbelievable shots! The clarity makes you feel like you could touch the water and Henry! I want that camera, but just can't justify it...yet!!! :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i took a whole YEAR to research cameras and every time could not justify the cost!

NOW the pictures I have of my family and doodles ...worth every dollar!

and HENRY looks like he had a Blast at the beach!!!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
That really is a beautiful part of the Island, hoping to get out
there again in the spring or summer.

Great photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Henry what a fun day at the beach!!! You are such a gentleman to let the pup keep your frisbee. Christmas is coming bud. Make sure you tell Dad that a new frisbee is on the list.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Wonderful pics of Henry!!!!! :D

And I am soooo happy that everyone is getting the Olympus 510 and loving it!! :D :D Now, you must share your tips and techniques AND educate me on lenses!!! :wink: If only I had more time . . . :(

Well, Christmas is coming and we'll be up at the lake for New Years week!!! :D That will be fun!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is going to take some time to figure out all the settings but I just love it.

I work at a university and they give employees interest free loans to buy computers and digital cameras. They take $50 off every paycheck so it's easy to pay off. That's how I bought my laptop. Well, the day after I bought the camera I phoned payroll and they said, "oh the policy just changed....now it's only for computers." :oops: :oops:

I'm still glad I bought it but it's bad timing for my VISA right before Christmas. :shock:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts