Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to wait a bit to share this silly, but tremendous, bit of news. For the last ten days the toilet paper in our one bathroom has stayed ON THE HOLDER!!!!!!!!
No streams coming out of the bathroom, no bits of paper flying around like a ticker-tape paper, no twisting to get it off the back of the commode (after six months is a hard habit to break)! I don't think Ebbe realizes it is there, even though each time one of us ventures in she is right on our heels.
I have now probably jinxed it and tonight will be chasing her around the house as she gallops merrily with her newly discovered prize. But for now we celebrate ... Do you think she's growing up? Perhaps other bad habits will soon disappear ... Maybe she's turning into the perfect ---NAH! [/b]

·
Registered
980 Posts
Yay Ebbe!!!! Dexter never had the TP habit. He has some strange ones though. He adores the paper covers to tea bags. He will sneak them out of the trash every chance he gets. And they end up in ticker tape snivels all over the living room. I don't know if it's the smell that attracts him or what, but it's his weakness. He also has found some packing cardboard that was left under the mattress of my daybed when it was assembled. He rips at it constantly, and my berber is littered with little bits of slobbery cardboard.

If I had to add TP to that mix, I might go over the edge. Plus the fact that it's gotten so pricey, and we use lots of it anyway. Here's hoping Ebbe has overcome the TP addiction, and isn't off to find another "thing" to attack.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the paper towel habit is still #1 with a bullet. She loves paper towels and steals them whenever possible. Cleaning up anything on the floor is battle, as she thinks the white thing moving around is a fun toy. And if I use one folded up as a beverage coaster, then take a drink -> GONE. Hold one in my hand and let it drop to the side -> GONE. It is strange how other more obvious items she leaves alone. Never a dull moment I must say.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
With a doodle, every day is a new discovery. Some of the changes you won't miss but others, you will look back on with a lump in your throat and realize that your puppy is growing up. We all want it but then we miss the puppy antics....fortunately, doodles seem to always be a little bit puppy :p :p

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
let me count the things Dexter still loves to steal and run around with that he's not supposed to have (and knows it):

1) Flip flops
2) Socks
3) Paper towels
4) Anything in a roll shape (i.e. furniture polish container, soda can, etc)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
well I thought I had just cleaned the kitchen and then sat down to check the forum, but here goes duncan the lab up on the counter, grabs the oily paper towel from pancakes and woofs it down. good clean up crew huh?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Paper Napkins is the #1 doodle theft around her and i have 2 of them doing it

#2 defuzz any squeaker toy spread fuzz around whole room and try to eat some that MOM here always pulls out of their mouth.

#3 SOCKS...especially Dave and Andrews worn stinky ones hhahahhaa

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To all my four legged Friends,
The FoodLady just doesn't get it. She is addicted to those white pieces of paper and it's my version of a doodle intervention. Doesn't she realize if it is on the floor [/i]I'll clean it up. Also, she and the FoodGuy (Dad) have these colorful cloth thingys all over the house on the floor. They are great for chewing and pawing. She keeps saying she's glad they didn't cost a lot and can't wait to replace them. I'm just bidin' my time ... I mean I have to put my own special signature on the house ... they just don't appreciate doodle decorating. So here I am trying to help them save dollars on white pieces of paper and colorful cloth thingys all the while using my outside voice inside to protect them from the scary garbage cans by the curb. Sheesh! Next thing you know a white piece of paper will be used to wipe my nose prints off my picture window in the living room. Oh well. I'll still cover her ear in kisses when she sleeps to long. FoodGuy taught me that hee-hee-hee!
Thanks for listening ... Licks and Paws
Your friend Ebbe

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Just keep your doodle remodeling to a minimum! I was doing major renovations......couch...ugly chair cushions, area rugs. For some reason Dad wasn't impressed.....I don't get it! :eek:

Me either.....parents are so picky!!
Miko
:roll:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is prettier than white fluff around the house? It's like living in cloud! You guys are GREAT doodle decorators. More lessons please!!
Licks and Paws,
Ebbe

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
If we can snag the cars keys and figure out where that magic button is for the garage, maybe we'll make a road trip your way and show you how it's done!! :lol:

Jonahjaws and Mikomuncher

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just head south ... I'm here. Hey, wait a minute ...
you guys can get in the car BY YOURSELVES. I'm really impressed. FoodLady and FoodGuy have to lift my 62 pound backside up to get me in. I help by putting up my two front paws and waiting. In fact, FoodLady is going to pick me up from Doggie DayCare and will have to do it in the RAIN! If you get here fast enough you might catch the excitement ... you might even learn a few new words.
Licks and Paws,
Ebbe

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Miko hops right in now, but I like to act lazy like I can't do it myself. I put my front paws in, look around as if to say..."A little help here please?". Works like a charm! :wink:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow.... Jonah and Miko you make Kylee seem like an angel! When she was younger she used to steal paper napkins (off of our laps during dinner time!), but she has never destroyed furniture! Now when I'm on the family room floor reading the newspaper, she likes to steal a page and chew it (or lay on top of it).

I guess I'm going to count my blessings.....

Charlene

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Paper towels, napkins, TP....all very tempting to Coco, too. She does steal napkins off our laps, too. Crazy the things they all seem to do.
The kids were playing cards and she would saunter by,
"doo da doo da doo" and then very slyly....snatch a whole stack of cards and take off.....

Needless to say, we need another deck.
8)

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Charlene
Kylee is a baby compared to this dynamic duo
Bahahhahhaaaa!!!!

Jonah and now Miko are definately the forum's
How should I say this hmmm....
I know!!!! they are the Best Redecorating Doodles on this
forum and they have the pictures to prove it.
They are so lucky cause they have a very understanding Dad
who shares all the wonderful before and after new decorating ideas.
They certainly make most of our Doodles look like amateurs.
We love you Miko & Jonah and of course Gene.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I love the way Tucker walks really slow if he is coming out of the bedroom and has to pass me, then he gets a certain hop in his step and bolts like lightening. sure enough there are dads p.j.'s in his mouth. I'll hold my breath that your t.p. stays intact

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I love the "slinky" walk when Max has a sock hahhahaha usually he brings it to Peanut and DROPS IT at her feet and then whoosh off she goes and runs staight to me and gives me the sock hahhahahaaa

tonight we had a blast. My 15yr old son gave Max what he wanted: a major sock chase. I could not stop laughing and did nothing to stop it either. hahhahahhaaa after about 10minutes my son says" Max I GIVE UP comeon please give it back to me" hahahhahahhaaa i finally had Max bring it to me and handed it back to my son.
I swear we could hear max laughing!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts