Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every Saturday I take my mother shopping. This past Saturday, my husband woke me up in the morning and told me the weather just came on and it was forecast to be 112--yikes!! :evil: (It's only going to be 110 today!) I thought to call my mom and ask her to get an early start but then thought better. She lives in a mobile with no insulation and she refuses to use her a/c because she doesn't want to spend the money. :roll: I asked her to spend the day at my house and she eventually agreed. She is afraid of dogs and only met Dakota once when he was about 9 weeks. I assured her that Dakota would be very exited when she arrived but would settle right down. Well it went just like that--my mom immediately wanted to go swimming and she had a shaggy partner! It was a wonderful day! :lol: After about four hours in the pool (and my husband actually BBQed hot dogs for lunch!), we all watched Lady and the Tramp to see if Dakota really does look like the Tramp! (He does!) On Sunday I called her and she said she went swimming in her park pool but it wasn't nearly as fun as swimming with Dakota! :D
Diane (and Dakota)

·
Registered
164 Posts
woooo hooooooo sounds like you did have a nice day!! and the weather there 112!!!!!! It's been in the 70's here lately. Ive had my a/c running since spring LOL!

Glad to hear you had a great day :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
What a great story, Diane! I am so glad that your mother was able to enjoy some time out of the heat...

For the record, it is 112 here too...so much for the perfect climate of northern CA! (And we don't have AC!)

We have been using a kiddie pool for the puppies to play in and Nitos loved it...he would go right out and impersonate an allegator...but yesterday we took him to his new home (sob) and, thankfully, they are only 20 miles from us...and they have a real pool! Plus, they are an excellent family...loving and kind.

Well, Nitos went for an accidental swim right away and then after we left, he learned that the little swim mats made good rafts...he decided to like his new home...here is a picture of his first day...all he needs is a martini!

·
Registered
279 Posts
That is too cute, Jac! I love the swimming stories. We've been having record breaking heat up here in the pacific northwest. Everyone is really whiny about it.....but it's hit only the low 90's.... we are real whimps I see.
Ya'll hang in there....it can't stay this way long, can it?

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Thanks...I am so happy with this...AND he is staying in our breeding program! So, if all goes well with testing...we'll have a great Labradoodle stud! (And I get to visit him often...)
This is a family with one of Copper's (Vicky's Copper) sisters...so Nitos is with a great human family and real canine family!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Great swimming stories! I love the picture of Nitos!! What a cute name too!

Yep, here in the NW we are real whimps. No air conditioning makes for toasty houses by evening. Jorja has been pretending that the water bowl is a pool, I guess. She's gone to dunking her entire head in it. Then water gets sloshed all over the hard wood floors. Oh my!! I have a feeling she will love swimming. We will test her out this weekend in Whistler. There is a lake up there with a doggie beach. :)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
A doggie beach! How great!! Be sure and let us know how it goes! (With pics!)
With her experience of water dish dunking, she should be a natural...how cute... :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
I think she's trying to tell us something, ya think? LOL Whistler is very dog friendly so we plan on thoroughly enjoying our wedding anniversary with our two doggies. Maybe we should just make a sign for Jorja that says "I'm a Labradoodle" because we will get asked a million times what kind of dog she is.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I love that picture Jac, thanks for sharing :) Nitos looks like he has made himself at home real quick like. I love it when we find those perfect matches for our puppies and then to be able to keep him in your breeding program is "icing on the cake" :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts