Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
aww what a great greeting to come home too

Love your kitties - does Dexter ignore them ? Your white kitty looks just like our friends kitty, sallyann - a mainecoon

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, they are maincoons, and, um, no he doesn't ignore them. He picks on them relentlessly. Although they are nine-year old litter mates and they were here first, so they give him a royal lashing when he needs it. He has some nose scars to prove it. Often I catch them being the instigators, since they know mom will intervene on their behalf.

The first time I saw them "ride the rail" I was aghast. I thought sure they were going to crash onto the stairs below. Rocky was starting to snore and I kept waking him. He looked at me like I was nuts. Now it's their favorite spot. That and any shelving unit must have the bottom shelves "reserved" or they get really ticked at me.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Vanessa
Thank you for that site it is so funny!!!!!!!!!!
I love the cat bowls and Jesus picture!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I had never met a cat like Sallyann before, mainecoon - they are soo doglike - she loves to have her belly rubbed and will just fall asleep purring - anyother cat you touch their belly and you get their claws instantly - mainecoons are an unusually loving breed, not as independent as other cats

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes they are the most loving cats I've ever known, and they love to have their bellies scratched. We laugh when Rocky's "feelin the love". No matter if you are sound asleep, he gets in your face and smooches you and rubs your nose (hard!) til you pet him to sleep. If no response, he will snort in your ear. That will wake you enough to pet him. They really are loveable clowns. They comb your hair with their claws, and "pet" your face (with claws retracted, thank goodness)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahahaha I LOVE the one laying on top of the stair rail!!! hahahhaaaa

great pics!!!!! thanks for sharing them and giving me a good laugh! :D

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Dextersmommy said:
Yes they are the most loving cats I've ever known, and they love to have their bellies scratched. We laugh when Rocky's "feelin the love". No matter if you are sound asleep, he gets in your face and smooches you and rubs your nose (hard!) til you pet him to sleep. If no response, he will snort in your ear. That will wake you enough to pet him. They really are loveable clowns. They comb your hair with their claws, and "pet" your face (with claws retracted, thank goodness)
Yes, I was pleasantly amazed at how gentle she was and ooooo did she love her Uncle Donny - we could go over and she'd leave whoever was her fave at the moment an hop on his lap for some serious belly rubbing - we do miss that kitty, Katy on the other hand, would swat with claws open if you walked by her, dont miss her quite as much - they are sisters to Hankiepoo, another of Annabelles buddies who visits when his family goes away

Annabelle and Hankiepoo

What Mom - we didn't do anything

OK, I admit it, I need a 12 step program for Cameraholics :shock:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Bwahahahaha....just LOVE the pic of Rockie straddling the railing!!! Leave it to a cat to find a good place to part it!!! And the other great picture is Annabelle and Hankiepoo! Innocent as all get-out!!! hahahahaha
Thanks for my morning laugh!!! :D :twisted: :?

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
What great pictures....I really miss having a cat. Really can't have one now (litter box excavators live here).

I love the picture of the floating Annabelle....looks like she's ready to ride Mija's invisible bike! :wink:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really can't have one now (litter box excavators live here).
And you think Dexter wouldn't partake of a tootsie if he could? Pick a room you don't use much, like a junk room. Keep the door wedged just enough for a cat to get in, but not a doodle. Viola! Instant cat privacy room.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I like the 2nd photo. Hankiepoo has that shocked "How dare you!!" look in his eyes. :shock:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Dextersmommy said:
Really can't have one now (litter box excavators live here).
And you think Dexter wouldn't partake of a tootsie if he could? Pick a room you don't use much, like a junk room. Keep the door wedged just enough for a cat to get in, but not a doodle. Viola! Instant cat privacy room.
We ARE talking Jonah here, you know! :shock: :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts