Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
HAHAHHAHAHAHA
The cat is showing Dexter who is the boss. One of my cats peed on Denver's head when he was sleeping. Wish I had caught that on my camera.LOL Both your animals are gorgeous!!!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
awwwww so cute!

your cat looks just like my first cat Mrs. Estherhouse
I loved her so much!

what a cute little crime pair!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
eetubbs said:
LOL I dont know that the last picture shouldn't be titled "Success" LOL

LizziesMom
Ohhhh what a great way for me to wake up sipping coffee while my 2 doodles are napping! Those pictures and captions are GREAT!!!!

I love how cats RULE hahhahhaaa if they could only talk.

She looks might proud of herself laying there like" Dexter you may be cute and i'll be nice to you but don't think for one moment those doodle eyes will work on me as they do on mom. I am the boss, remember that and we'll get along just fine kiddo."

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! Mr. Muffin is a 9 year old Maine **** mix who's been with me since his first breath. He was sickly as a kitten and I nursed him to health. So he's my big little baby. He's just the sweetest cat that ever walked on 4 paws. And yes, he does rule the roost. Kevin tries to tell him "no, no" when he picks on his "little brother" and I just laugh and laugh. As if a cat's going to care about "no, no". He's very well behaved, but only because he chooses to be, LOL.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well, there is no doubt, the cat has the doodle trained! If I ever have any dog behavior problems, think you're cat would be up for a consulation? I don't think Lizzie has ever sat as still or been as attentive as Dexter in the last picture - especially not next to a toy. LOL

LizziesMom

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think Mr. Muffin would do some consulting. But he'd probaby pull his "pied piper" move on Lizzie. It's so cute. He casually walks down the hall, looking over his shoulder like "follow me, little doggie, and I will show you a suprise" and when Dexter follows him, he turns around and chases him down and swats him thoroughly. And Dex falls for it time after time. Maybe he thinks just one of these days there'll be a real treat at the end of the hall, LOL.

For the first few weeks we were really afraid Muffin would hate having a puppy. It's been a good while since he's lived with dogs. But he's come around now and is loving every ornery minute of it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Loved your pictures, I have the same ones but my calico is too dark to show up well in the pics - yours are perfect! My cat was not raised with any other animals but hermit crabs so she had no competition - she was not happy and still isnt but tolerates Charlie - He has grown so much now that he straddles over her and puts her head in his mouth and just stands there - the cat just rolls her eyes and growls and is not happy about getting so wet - then he just walks away - Charlie attacks her often - The cat does antagonize a bit (a lot). Oh - and she has lost 10lbs which is good. The vet is happy - she was huge!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
What a great story-

...and awesome pictures!

Forget sending Mr. Muffin to train their doodles- send him over to my house to teach our Rascal (the cat) to to tolerate Lexi (the pup).

Similar to your story-we found Rascal abandoned by his mommy in our backyard- crying-we bottle fed until he could feed independantly-

That was that was 3 years ago, and we only had the turtle and 2 frogs-so Rascal was absolutely running the show until Lexi came along in October.

How old is Dexter, and how long has he been a part of the family?

Inquiring minds want to know... LOL :lol:

Maddie, Lexi, and Rascal

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dexter turned 4 mos. yesterday, and he's been with us nearly a month now. He's the best little man on earth. I can't imagine how we got along without him.

Muffin's doing amazingly well in the tolerance arena. But when they sit on the daybed together, they remind me of two adolescent brothers in a car. They will lay quietly side by side, but if Dexter moves a foot and touches Muffin's fur, Muffin looks at us and meows in his whiniest voice, as if to say "Mom, he touched me!...Mom, he breathed on me!..." And of course then Dex will make the foot touch him a little harder. And when it gets heated, he will run and hide behind one of us.

Gotta love 'em.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Dextersmommy said:
Dexter turned 4 mos. yesterday, and he's been with us nearly a month now. He's the best little man on earth. I can't imagine how we got along without him.

Muffin's doing amazingly well in the tolerance arena. But when they sit on the daybed together, they remind me of two adolescent brothers in a car. They will lay quietly side by side, but if Dexter moves a foot and touches Muffin's fur, Muffin looks at us and meows in his whiniest voice, as if to say "Mom, he touched me!...Mom, he breathed on me!..." And of course then Dex will make the foot touch him a little harder. And when it gets heated, he will run and hide behind one of us.

Gotta love 'em.
Do they also do the "MOM he's LOOKING at me!!! stop looking at me!!! i mean it!!" hhhahahhaa ohhhhh do i remember those days!!!with my kids and also my previous 2 dogs and bengal cat
hahahhahha thank youuuuuuuuu so much for a great flashback memory via your story!!! ohhhhhhh hahhahahhaaa

·
Registered
126 Posts
It is amazing how they are all alike and so much like our children - I do enjoy these tails and I am constantly copying them and sending them to my kids - I think they check the web site now too. :p

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
you know it's funny you say that DREAMDOG

here dave and i are sitting saying ...remember when our kids were small and you'd say OK where'd my boots go, or where's the kitchen sponge , or who broke and glued my wall hanging ---and go looking...then realize you had to find a way to get 1 of 3 kids to fess up not knowing who did it...we always had the NOT ME ghost living in our house.
NOT me did it!!! :roll:

With doodles...YOU know they took it! YOU know they destroyed it! YOU know they won't glue it back and pretend it wasn't them.
but with 2 doodles...and 2 teenagers....hahhahahhaa I still have my detective guesswork cut out for me some days!!!
i love when give you the " waht? i don't know what you mean" look with fuzz hanging on their mouth!

when they act too good...i get sooooo nervous hahahhaa

1 - 15 of 15 Posts