Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been thinking about this for a while, but I have finally decided to leave the law firm where I have been working for 5 years and go back to teaching. I just signed a contract to go back to a wonderful private school about an hour from home (I'd taught there just before coming to the law firm here in my home town.) I'm really looking forward to going back - the faculty is just like family, and the kids and parents are great. )A far cry from my office, where the stress level is off the charts, and the partners' egos will barely fit through the doorways! (There is one partner who comes to our Walterboro office a lot - he is the ONLY person Tyke barks at! I think she is a pretty good judge of character myself!)

I'll be commuting back and forth each day, but it is a really beautiful ride, with very little traffic, and some wonderful country scenery - when I worked there before, not a day went by that I didn't see deer, turkeys, and even an occasional bobcat or two. One morning, I even saw a coyote down near the Edisto River!

My only regret is that Tyke won't be able to go to work with me - it fact, it was the only thing that gave me pause about taking the job. However, in the long run, I think Tyke and I will have even more QUALITY time together - I'll be home by 4pm every day, and of course there are the SUMMERS! To be honest, I have felt a little guilty having Tyke cooped up in an office all day, when she could be at home with BaBa chasing squirrels and doing fun doggie things. Heck, I hated being cooped up all day myself - my office doesn't even have a window! I'm really going to miss having her at work with me, but I think it will be best for both of us, and maybe she and BaBa can get some bonding of their own.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Sounds like it will make you happy and
that makes for a better life for all............
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Kim - that is great that you have choosen to follow a path that will make you more happy in your life !

You know Tyke and BaBa are gonna be thrilled to have each others company all day.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Sounds like you've made a wise choice. Life is far too short to spend it miserable. a 40 hr week in a stressful environment is SO unhealthy. I hope you'll be very happy with your choice!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Good choice! I know that you will be happier and it sounds like Tyke will be too. It was great that you were able to take Tyke with you but the change will be good for you all.
Best wishes in your new career!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Kim....congrats on the career change! Maybe you can teach the future partners a little something about "egos"!! :wink: Good luck to you....we send our best to you from your Ohio buddies!!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gene - maybe you could help with my letter of resignation! :wink: That's one I think I will enjoy writing!
I think this decision is best for Tyke AND me - she has been showing some "separation anxiety" issues when I do have to leave her (although that's getting better as she gets older and realizes I WILL come back!) Although I am flattered by it, I don't think it's healthy for her to be so focused on just me - she needs a relationship with her BaBa too! I also think she is picking up on the tension in the office - her barking at the partner is the office is so unlike her - she never barks at anyone else, unless she is playing. This doesn't sound like a playful bark! :shock:
I don't think I'll miss practicing law - at least not in THAT environment!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Great news Kim!! I thought about going back to teaching as well!!
When I was teaching at one school 12 years ago in Science.....I got the principal to let me have my Toby weimaraner/lab in the classroom with me..............lol..........that lasted a short time as ome parents complained.....non dog lovers!!!! :x
I think your attitude about Tyke is super! You know what you're doing..........go for it!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
KIM i am really happy for you and your career changes sounds great!
Besides Ba-Ba lets lil TYKE on the couch and gets lots of x's and o's from her too, she'll be in great hands and spoiled rotten with love.

Oh and you get all holidays and summers off....sounds like you'll be happier , a win/win all the way around

congrats!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The hours will be GREAT!! I sure will miss having my little monster at work with me - I doubt she'll be able to come to work with me, except maybe on teacher workdays, but I'll just think about the extra time I'll have with her after work and during vacations! Thanks to everybody for your support - it was a big decision, and it helps to get some confirmation that I've done the right thing!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Get Tyke a Therapy Dog Cert and now you have a "Teaching Tool"....Hmmmmmm! Let's see what can we learn from Tyke, Class? :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe I can get her a job in the PE department - she can teach them all to fetch!!! :wink:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll be turning in my resignation here at the law firm the day I come back from vacation (June 23) - I am expecing the "excrement" to hit the "whirling blades" for sure! I know at least one partner who will probably have a temper tantrum!!! :evil:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts