Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday morning, when I wasn't paying attention, Nicky chewed a hole in a bone-shaped soft toy. When I saw him he had polyester fiberfill pieces (the stuffing) all over the living room, but there was still a lot left in the toy. I had no idea how much of it he had eaten.

During the day Nicky was quieter than usual and slept more, so I thought perhaps he wasn't feeling all that great.

At 5 A.M. the sound of Nicky's hacking woke me up. Sure enough, there on the living room carpet was a pile of yucky vomit which appeared to contain a large amount of stuffing. I hope that was all of it, but I'll keep a close eye on Nicky for the next couple of days. If he seems in distress I'll get him to the vet.

All remaining soft toys (2 balls he loves playing with) have been removed from his toy box. He won't be able to have them unless I'm there to play ball with him.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Isn't it amazing how they will not go near something for weeks then all of a sudden they destroy it.

I am heeding your message and Leslies and taking all of Tanner's toys out of the family room and only leaving him with a couple of safe things. The remainder he will get when we are home with him to supervise :wink:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
what is up w/these doodles? I am glad to hear he vomited up the stuffing! Just make sure he's pooping like normal (and isn't having too much diarrhea).

·
Registered
980 Posts
I had the same thing happen with Dex and a stuffy toy. I had found what I thought was most of it, but there must be a ton of stuffing in those things. He yakked for 3 days on and off, but never got diarrhea. I have now limited him to things like raggy bones. But the last one I bought lasted all of 3 days. Then I bought him a raggy circle yesterday with a canvas cat in the middle. It lasted an hour :shock:

He's not overly fond of rubbery toys. And he just defuzzes tennis balls. There has to be a toy that he can't destroy rapidly that he likes.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Gosh, I am glad that it all came up!

You are so right, they love the ones that they can destroy and defuzzzzz...and hate the durable ones! Go figure.

I just give mine the new toy and watch them rip it up in about 2 hours and then pick it all up. My dogs are older now so they are less likely to eat the fluff...but still I watch. :roll:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Hope Nicky is ok - amazing what our doodles can get themselves into, (or into them!), isn't it??? Keep us posted Sandy!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nicky is just fine! I think he finally rid himself of all the stuffing from the toy for he's back to his normal doodleness!

I had taken all the soft toys (balls) out of his toy box, but since it was raining today I got one out. Usually Nicky loves to catch these soft balls, but today he just volleyed then back to me! It was the funniest thing! I'd toss the ball to him the way I usually do, but instead of catching it he bopped it with his nose. He did this over and over.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Wow Sandy! I'm glad he yacked all that up!! It's frightening what they will get into. Don't ya just want to sit down and have a talk with them? Like...."Hey! This can hurt you.....so would ya please not eat this!"....sheeesh!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts