Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe how fast Murphy is growing! Here is a picture of him with my daughter the day we got him at 8 weeks and one taken of them at 11 weeks.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Look at the size of the paws on that pup!! WOW! How much did he weigh at 8 weeks?

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Wow!!!!!! What beautiful pictures!!! I love the blue eyes on both your daughter and Murphy in that first picture....my goodness, he sure is growing fast!!!! At this rate he might out weigh Denver!!! (If that's possible!! hahaha) Thanks for sharing! :wink:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stupid me didn't weigh him at 8 weeks, but I did at 11 weeks and he weighed in at 9 lbs. I can't figure out why he is growing so fast...he was pretty skinny when I got him, not due to neglect or anything I just think he didn't like the kibble too much. When I took him to the vet and she said he was a bit too skinny I decided I should add some canned food to the kibble and now he just gobbles it up. It seems to me thought that the other pups in his litter were about the same size, so I don't know. And he is only supposed to get to about 45 pounds, so I guess we'll just have to see about that :) I think the vet will be pleasantly suprised at his growth when we go in next week for his booster shots.

Oh, and his eyes are green, the blue is a weird camera reflection :lol:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
awh they are both SO cute! you can see his wonderful green eyes in that 2nd photo.

they do grow so fast - it's easier to see when there is a point of reference (i.e. your daughter who is just adorable!!)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Adorable pictures! Aren't you glad your daughter doesn't grow that fast!

Now the questions is...is the gate in the background of the first picture a baby gate or a puppy gate? My guess is an "All-purpose, Stay-out-of-where-mommy-says" gate. :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KGarro said:
Adorable pictures! Aren't you glad your daughter doesn't grow that fast!

Now the questions is...is the gate in the background of the first picture a baby gate or a puppy gate? My guess is an "All-purpose, Stay-out-of-where-mommy-says" gate. :D
Geez if Emma grew that fast I'd have to keep her naked, I'd never be able to keep up with the sizes :lol:

You guess is correct :lol: It's a stay where mommy says gate :lol:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lmtoth2 said:
awh they are both SO cute! you can see his wonderful green eyes in that 2nd photo.

they do grow so fast - it's easier to see when there is a point of reference (i.e. your daughter who is just adorable!!)
Yep, she's a cute point of reference :lol: I'm glad I took that picture the first day!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Beautiful Babies! Well not 'babies' :roll: ... but in a Mom's heart they always will be! :D How smart of you to establish that point of reference! Now you have us spoiled, we'll have to see the changes at least once a month! :wink:

TexasDoodle said:
And he is only supposed to get to about 45 pounds, so I guess we'll just have to see about that :)
Ebbe was supposed to top out at 55 lbs. Now at almost a year (in two weeks) she's at 66 lbs. and still growing, though we think it won't be more than 70!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would have thought parent size would be a good indication...Dad is 45 lbs and mom is 40lbs. If he gets bigger I'd be pretty suprised, but then I guess there are lots of suprises when you get a doodle. It's funny though, the poofy coat is so deceiving, because when he's wet he so little :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
TexasDoodle......DAVE and I just melted with those ever so adorable pictures of MURPHY with your daughter!!! that is too precious!!

how old is your daughter? she is tooo cute and so tiny.
Won't be long before Murphy dwarfs her.

and as far as how big doodles get hahhaha i was told Max would be around 55lbs. He's 80lbs at 15mos and 26 in tall hahahhaa

G

·
MaxandMe said:
hahhaha i was told Max would be around 55lbs. He's 80lbs at 15mos and 26 in tall hahahhaa
WHOA Horsey!!! I think we both lost that bet! :lol:

Linda said Max would weigh approx70-72lbs according to her calculations.
I had said ( while back) Max would not hit 70lbs.

If Max is 70lbs or more LINDA WINS and i will be teased to death hahahhahaaaa And Linda will be the expert weight/growth charter
AND if Max is 69.9lbs i'll save face which means GENE can't tease me for once

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahhhaa LINDA finally we're in agreement...we lost the bet but we won a good laugh! :wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts