Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
over the last two weeks, our five year old Labradoodle has been through three vet visits, an overnight stay, multiple, and I do mean multiple tests trying to find out why Tank will not eat or poop and losing approximately 15 pounds in the process. I failed to mention ultrasound and two x-rays looking for blockages.
Being sent home and being told that they see no issues as to why he is not eating nor pooping. Cause I forgot to mention a round of antibiotics, antacids, and medication for nausea. All that have led to zero results. Tank was given entice yesterday, another round of entice and pain medication today. Again, today, after another round of entice, still no eating. However, he did have a very large poop with some witnesses of red blood and a pebble lack material in his poop. Since that this morning, he has been somewhat lethargic most of the day, with no appetite, lying on the floor, shivering as if he was in a deep freeze. The doctor mentioned exploratory surgery to find some type of blockage if this did not get any better. Has anyone in this community have any kind of experience with this as far as food goes, we’ve tried soft, digestive, food, hotdogs, boiled chicken, boiled chicken, and rice, if anyone has any help for us or information thank you in advance for sharing. We’re really worried about our baby. by the way, tank has been urinating and drinking water on somewhat of a regular basis.
Thanks, everyone

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello all, I know no one answered or commented on my post. We did find out what was wrong with
Our Tank. Addison’s Disease. He’s still at hospital, and will be coming home tomorrow. We have a few questions:

1. The vet stated he’s drinking water now, but not eating. How long will it take to get his appetite back?
2. Tank has always been laid back, once he’s medicated, will he become more active?

thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts