Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here's a quick update. KIRBY seems to balance out Peanut and Max.
I am serious as i think they go have fun doing doodle 500 runs , KIRBY will throw his ball for Peanut and Max to fetch :shock: and has been great sharing food water and toys :shock: the only time it gets loud is when someone comes to my door, my teenage son KNOCKS on the wall as a joke :roll: or Max MOOFS then KIRBY MOOFS, then max, then Kirby, peanut sits and watches hahaha then i say HUSH! and they do. So in 4 days now KIRBY runs to greet us, lays with max and peanut, and seems to have adjusted quickly.

anyway Kirby is learning fast as you'll see in this SHORT VIDEO
they quietly play tug of war :D

and i am amazed how "AT HOME" Kirby is here and fitting in so well.He's been here since Friday NIGHT and all is going great. Max and Kirby had one squabble Saturday night and realized who top dog is --MAX hhhhahahaa and are fine since :D Anyway here are some pics hope it isn't overload...and it's hard to believe my house is quieter with 3 doodles versus 2 :shock:
He's been around kids every day ...never jumps and calm too. Actually he is not skittish now with anyone new coming into the house and very friendly. In the morning KIRBY Max and PEANUT have a kissathon with all of us hahhahaa. Tonight i am taking him to Country Max to get more dogfood.

KIRBY

SHARING

KIRBY CLEANS HOUSE

Max and peanut tuckered out today

G

·
So Cute! My 6y/o was looking over my shoulder and said," It's THREE dogs this time!" Bwahahahaha!
Annmarie, I go away a few days and another dog appears in your home! You are very kind to foster him. Does he shed? He is beautiful!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HE DOES not shed at alll....He has a poodle coat but isn't very curly and is soft/silky.
I've done fostering since i wa s 8 yrs old and stopped about 10yrs ago. Now that i am Fostering KIRBY i didn't realize how much i missed doing it.
Though i'll admit, Kirby is going to be a hard to let go as he is such a sweetheart of a doodle and sooooooo well trained

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Great pix Annmarie! They all look so happy together...and I'm so happy to hear that Kirby will have a new home with Leslie's family and Dexter!!! WHOO HOO!! Great job!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
What gorgeous dogs! Those pictures are stunning. It makes me think of a "brunette, blond, redhead" joke! hahaha!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ANNIE, I am STICKING" to 2 doodles :D i am just having a really nice time loving, working with and socializing Kirby till he goes to his new home with Dexter and Leslie in 12 more days.

When you set your mind to Fostering you stick with it. ( just like some can be breeders and some can't).
The first few and last few days are the hardest with Fostering. But knowing you found a really good loving home warms your heart. I have done Fostering most of my life and do truly love it. I know i can drive my family nuts at times doing it but they're all good sports and end up getting totally involved too. :D And when you find a great dog a great family you feel like you did something good. God seems to always give me the heartbreak cases or strays. Or maybe like no one wanted Max at almost 14 weeks old cuase he was a big older BLACK puppy with a crooked stumpy tail, that is till i came along :wink:

So maybe things do happen for a reason and know what? i can't wait till i can foster another doodle in the future. :D Besides max and peanut are great helpers

CONGRATS LESLIE ...Dexter will soon have a playmate! :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
3 doodles

Great pictures never an overload on cute doodle pics. You have done such a nice thing helping Kirby find a home It will be hard but rewarding when he leaves. When I see the pic of three grown doodles I take a breath and ask my self ARE YOU CRAZY. Life is fairly quite around here now that we are down to just our 3 doodles All pups have been place in great homes and we are getting into a routine. All three are sleeping in my office as I type.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts