Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Our Dixie is 16 almost 17 weeks old. I was wondering if anyone can tell me their exercise schedule for their puppies at this age?

She usually gets a walk after lunch..about 15 minutes and then one after dinner about 20 minutes. She just seems so crazy at night that she won't calm down before bed.

I would love to walk her longer during the day, but the Florida heat makes her pull towards the house and she just crashes. Other times when it's not hot she pulls to go home, but then has plenty of energy to torment the kids. Do you think I need to try and walk her longer?

Also, she's getting fed 3 times a day...at what age should I go down to two?
Thanks
Gabrielle

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Gabrielle,

I am in Florida, too, so I know what you mean about the heat. I try to walk Sawyer in the morning and in the evening when it is not as hot for about 15-20 minutes each time. If he has lots of energy to burn in between, sometimes we have a game of fetch which we play on the grass.
Have you taken Dixie swimming yet?

I have been feeding Sawyer twice a day for about 2 months now (he's 7 months old) and he is doing well.

·
Registered
294 Posts
good question, how long would you walk a puppy that is still growing. I dont have the problem with the heat, cold English climate. What is the limit of walking a pup? and how many times would you feed him at eight weeks old. Sorry the question to walking would be at twelve weeks

·
Registered
401 Posts
i usually take riley outside 3 times a day and i just sit there while he runs around by the pond. he also gets walks outside everyday for 20-30 min.

he is over 4 months and since we have had him we have been feeding twice a day so i think now you can go down to twice a day.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
An 8 wk old puppy needs to be fed 3 times daily. I have my buyers feed 3 times daily until the pups are 5 mos of age and then switch to twice a day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts