Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question, wondering if anyone else's doodle has done this

Max (15mos old) for some reason just a few days ago has decided his potty spot ISN"T anymore :shock:

since last Novemeber we have one big area he always goes potty and ON Demand too.
NOW he just stands at the bottom step , refusing to go to his potty spot

There is another area okay, but I have to put him on leash then as its closer to the road and also he does want to go outback then and run.
what's up with this? or is he telling me something? that the usual potty area is worn out? hahahhaa

and get this, PEANUT who was the big airhead and took longest time to go is now going on demand.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
You're letting me know of things to come! LOL Don't know what to tell you. We're having our own issues here.

I swear Cali has a cast iron bladder. She'll get up and not ask to go out for over an hour. One day I was in a hurry to go somewhere in the morning, even took her for a walk around the block before leaving, crated her, left and when I got to my destination, realized she hadn't pottied since the night before!!! Had to go back home and let her out. Last night we didn't go for our usual evening walk. When I took her out front on the leash to potty (didn't want to wait forever while she wanted to explore the back yard and do everything but potty), she wouldn't go. Took about 15 min of walking over her usual spot, coaxing, pleading and then she finally went. Geesh

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Cinnamon changed her potty spot from beside the back porch to across the yard. I guess it's not been that big a deal with me so I can't tell you at what age she did this, sorry. I can tell you she's changed favorite spots twice now, so it could be "worn out"! I'm just glad it's not right by the back door anymore.

I have noticed that she won't go where Sarah (the dog we sit for) goes. Maybe Max wants his own spot and not share with Peanut? Think maybe it's a grown up dog thing?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
gracielou said:
Dogs will do this if an area gets to piled up :oops: sorry did not know how else to say it! Not saying that is the case here, but maybe it just needs some time to sit dormant. :?
I know that's not the case here. You better believe it's cleaned up when it's right by the back door, and I'll add the back deck. The smell can be overwhelming!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
So far we havent had that prob with Annabelle - she will go pee when told too - she potty's after eating - she has 2 spots she normally uses, once in agreat while she will choose a spot in middle of yard - we pick yard up every day so we dont have any "full" spots - one or both of us walk the yard every evening with shovel and bag

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
know what..i had a flashback of one of my older dogs when talking to my breeder today. And her adult dogs did the same as Max, seems to be the norm for some dogs as they mature.

and MINDI you're right. I typed that message at 6:30am without any coffee in me. BUT hey that does aid me in keeping my CROWN and QUEEN TYPO title hahhahaaaaaaaaaaa and well all know how good i am at it :shock:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
:oops: :oops: :oops: We never did establish a "potty spot". I don't know why ... middle of winter .... snow on the ground .... new puppy being taken out every half hour :shock: !

Ebbe has established some areas (you tell by the dead grass :roll: ), and she still uses them HOWEVER, we must first explore and examine all those leaves that are covering the grass. Seems like each has to lifted-dropped and looked at before bodily functions can commence! :evil:

Annmarie "Queen of the Typos", Thank you so much for letting me know we will have another potty issue in four months time! :?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Meg,

Your story about Cali going out to potty and
having a cast iron bladder made me laugh....
Coco can hold it FOREVER!!! No kidding, she will go out
and poop in the morning before she pees....
she also drinks tons of water at one time....
and then doesn't drink for a long time after that.....
and doesn't pee either.
It has concerned me.....
Just last night, she went out to pee at about 11pm.
Someone woke her at 4am and she decided she had to go out.
She pooped!!
She NEVER poops, or pees, in the middle of the night!!
So when she got up this morning, she didn't need to poop
and she didn't pee until nearly 10:30am!!!
I thought she would pop before then.
Taking her out to plead with her to go....and somehow try to coax her to "stay on task" doesn't work anymore.
As a younger pup, she peed on command.
Now she will just hold it and be totally distracted by every smell and falling acorn in the yard.
Glad to know this must be normal.
As far as having a "spot"...that too has changed.....
she has several. We pick up daily so isn't a problem
with over used ground.....but I would like her to stick to an area....so not all over the yard will have round dead spots!
I guess I could take her out on the leash again....and start over.
Geesh!
8)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jane...coco is going thru a stage just like peanut is and believe me it will pass soon. (remember peanut and coco are a week apart)
hang in there! Peanut just finally started going POTTY alot quicker this week. hahhahaa cuz otherwise i swear she's counting every blade of grass in the side yard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts