Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I agree...do not wait...go to an emergency vet, if possible.
Please let us know.
Of course, it could be something simple and we all pray that it is, but at that age with such strong symptoms all at once, no, I would not wait. I would consider this an emergency.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Agree

This is urgent,,,Get her to the vet NOW,,check for parvo Today!!!
let us know ,,It may be somthing simple but not worth the wait,if it is parvo the sooner treatment begins the more likly she can be saved
parvo is a scary disease can kill them quickly
and it wont get out of your environment for a very very long time Prayers come your way

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She is feeling alot better today!! She has been playing and eating and drinking today!! She's not eating as much as usual but, it may be a day or two before she's 100%!! Thank you so much for all the help!! :wink:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Well, I am so glad to hear that she is feeling better! Those are some of the scariest symptoms...and, yes, they can be nothing...but boy, do I panic!
Please keep us posted!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well..we took our sweet Bama to the vet because she started feeling bad again and it turns out her insides had gotten twisted?? or something like that. She had to have surgery yesterday..I will let you all know exactly what the vet says today when we pick her up. He said that she will be fine once she recovers!!!!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
woah.

good parents though. I imagine taking her in to the vet probably saved her life. I am glad she was able to tell you she didn't feel good.

please keep us posted.

doodle prayers for a quick and complete recovery.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
bamadoodle said:
Well..we took our sweet Bama to the vet because she started feeling bad again and it turns out her insides had gotten twisted?? or something like that. She had to have surgery yesterday..I will let you all know exactly what the vet says today when we pick her up. He said that she will be fine once she recovers!!!!
oh so sorry to hear this but also sounds like a good prognosis!!!
Thank heavens you got her to the vet!!

Please, Let us all know how she's doing.
hang in there!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just wish that we would have taken her sooner but, she started acting fine!!! Next time we are going to be a little more careful!!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
It is really hard to know the right thing to do all the time and you dont' want to feel silly by going in and having it be nothing but gas! LOL
Still, I am so glad that you went in...sounds like possible bloat to me, I think that makes everthing twist and block...and it is a severe emergency so I am very, very glad that you went and that the vet caught it in time. Whew!
Please let us know how she is doing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, we finally got to bring Bama home this morning!!!! She is 100% better and back to her old self!! We have to give her pills and Pepcid once a day for a week but, everything else is o.k.!! Thank you to everyone for their help!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Did they explain

how to avoid that happening again?
feed her alot of mositened meals a day ,not feeding her 2 or 3 times per day,
what happens is the food expands in the stomach and that causes bloat, twisted stomach,
this is why we feed free choice they eat a little throughout the day
when pups i feed wet food mixture(dry food water microvace let sit,add a little can food) i do this am and pm ,, i leave dry food bowl full
You have to work into this gradually,,rite now is the perfect time i would feed her wet food mixture small portions 4-5times per day, then when she has recovered continue that,leave dry food out, gradually reduce the wet food mixture to 2times per day

Im so glad she is on her way to recovery, just remember feed numerous times a portion of her daily intake of food, :)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Nancy, this is the way that I feed my dogs too. I didn't know that it helped to prevent bloat, but I can see how it would, since they are not wolfing down their food or eating quantities that are too big.
I know a lot of people prefer to limit their dog's feedings and I am sure that free feeding may not be the answer for many...but it does work for us.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Yup

Free feeding will work for anyone typically as long as they start from day one or if you want to change over to free feeding the way to do that is feed moistened food several time per day,they will only eat so much ,,keeping dry food bowl full between feedings,,it will take about a week to get off the wet food mixture
Love it,,they even eat less when its all said and done

1 - 20 of 23 Posts