Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday we were brave and put both Dex and Kirby on one leash (there is an attachment for me to hold onto) and it went very well. Today I took them myself and was shocked at how well they did. For the most part Kirby stayed on the left and Dexter on the right. I'll bring my camera tomorrow to get a photo.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Leslie good to hear they walk so well for you. I walk Lani and Toby together all the time on separate leashes. Lani on right and Toby on left. I thought about one leash but then thought about what would happen if we were being attacked by another dog.

Two years ago I was walking our chocolate lab when we were attacked by 2 loose dogs. Luckily they didn't hurt us but I thought about Lani and Toby on one leash and thought it would be safer for them if they could get away individually instead of being at he mercy of the other. Just food for thought, based on my own experience.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
what do you mean PICS TOMORROW??? you tell us how good they were and NO photos NOW??
come on it's sunday....day of rest and pics please :D

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what do you mean PICS TOMORROW??? you tell us how good they were and NO photos NOW??
come on it's sunday....day of rest and pics please
haha...well i have to take them first - so i'll do that during our next walk tomorrow :)

good point Lisa - I have to think about that. The single leash helps in case one starts pulling. I don't know if I could handle 2 on 2 leashes right now.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
LESLIE that's what the hubby Jerry is for...to take pics and have a good laugh!!
to think you put up a post, describe how good and then leave me hanging?

I commend ANYONE that has the courage to walk 2 doodles at the same time!! i am a wimp,i let my run out back together but NEVER EVER walk them on leashes at the same time. I value my fingers and arm sockets

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha...i promise i will make jerry come along on the walk tomorrow to take photos. i was brave and did the walk solo today.

Jerry is going away for work in a few weeks and I wanted to see if it's possible for me to walk both at once...

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Wonderful! Good boys, Dex and Kirby!!! :D Hahahaha!! I had one of those double leads once when I had a Springer and a Lab. The Springer was shorter than the Lab and they were not nearly as organized as your two. Whenever the Lab had to pee--which was all the time--he wound up peeing on the Springer's head!!! :lol: :lol: The leash lasted that one walk and I just had to give it away!! (That is not to imply the Springer was not somewhat deserving . . . !!)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
awwwwwwwwwwwww what sweetie pies Leslie...thanks for posting those pics!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Leslie....they look so calm on the leash! Are you sure you.....1) have the right dogs? or 2) have been telling little white lies on how they misbehave?? :wink: :lol:

Great pictures too, BTW..

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Leslie....they look so calm on the leash! Are you sure you.....1) have the right dogs? or 2) have been telling little white lies on how they misbehave??
haha...it's funny - they almost do better on the one leash because if they pull it cancels each other out. Except for when they see a squirrel. Then both of them took off after it. Luckily my weight is more than their combined weight and I can control them for the 5 seconds of craziness.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Wow Leslie..I'm jealous!!!!! I'd love to walk both dogs at once, but with two leashes I can just envision the cris crossing over each other, the entanglement, and both arms being pulled out of their sockets!!! :shock: :shock:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts