Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with kids remember this method for disciplining kids? 1 - 2 - 3 Magic... Well, you know you are loosing your mind when you try it with your doodles!!!! :shock: Lani has been barking sooooooo much lately when she is outside (and inside) it is driving me crazy. I let them out again (for the billionth time tonight) thinking they needed to go but NOOOOOO they just wanted to bark!!!!!! I went out and commanded they stop barking, hahahahaha. Then I found myself saying 1 - 2 ... and they came running in the house! Too bad it didn't work like that with the kids! And will probably never work again with the doodles.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
LOL I do things like that with Annabelle - our back yard is a full flight down stairs, if she's barking and wont' come I say "don't make me come down there and get you" that usually gets her inside

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OMG Lisa i did that with my kids onnnnnnnnnnnnne, twooooooooo
and then my smallest kid would say 3! and break my momentum hahhaaaaaa

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
It sure doesn't work around here. My doodles evidently don't know how to count. :? They are, however, experts at the "innocent" look. 8)

Deb

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
hahaha...

I can definitely relate to the barking! Kirby's barking is starting to be picked up by Dexter so now we have 2 barking lunatics anytime someone is out front...I am working on figuring out a way to get them to stop :)

Dex does that trick too (whining just to go out) so he's pretty much always taken out on a leash now.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
When Cinnamon is in the mood to ignore me, the word NOW usually gets her coming. Like "come" - nothing - come NOW" and she'll come. If she's barking, I usually say "that's enough" and she's done. Cin's not a barker anyway, unless of course it's in the middle of the night and the owls are around. Coyotes will get her going, too, but not like the owls.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Bailey is going through a weird phase like this too......He is not content to stay inside anymore. He just whines and whines relentlessly until I give in and let him go outside (thinking well maybe he does have to potty this time).....Nope!!! just bark, bark, bark......I feel like such a fool in my high pitched baby talk voice "Come on baby, come get cookie"........Good grief!!!
When I finally do get him inside he runs to thoe counter where their cookie jar is located and "woofs" until he gets one! He sure knows how to melt me!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts